Step closer

Once in SIAC, Shaurya had called over the admission incharge and asked him to get all the forms and document copies that Ms. Anokhi Bhalla had submitted. In another 40 minutes the incharge had appeared back with Anokhi's rejected form and document copies. Shaurya went through her forms and then asked a peon to get him a fresh fee receipt form, guardian form and hostel application form. Shaurya filled the fresh fee form and signed and attached a chaque of the fee amount with it and then he filled the guardian form with details of Shaan Sabherwal as her guardian and also filled the hostel request form, he compiled back all the forms together and then on top of admission form, he struck out the "rejected" and wrote "conditionally admitted" and counter signed it, and then he attached a cover letter of his name as trustee and director stating that Ms. Anokhi Bhalla being an exceptionally brilliant and bright student with an ongoing Scholarship is being provided admission conditionally provided she submits her TC on joining the college. And once done he called back the admission incharge and gave him the form and the cover letter and asked him to process it immediately.

2 hours later, the admission incharge again appeared back in Shaurya's cabin with Anokhi's college ID card and provisional admission letter stating that admission has been granted conditionally subject to first realisation of cheque submitted for fee payment and submission of TC, it was a usual standard procedure that is used when providing conditional admission. Shaurya took those and kept them with him, he knew he had the done easiest bit of the work, the difficult portion was still pending and he had some idea how he will go about it but he knew it wouldn't be so easy.

Late afternoon, post lunch, Shaan was sitting in his room thinking about something when Devi knocked.

Shaan- Ander aa jaiye bhabhi.

Devi- Tabiyat kaisi hai ab Shaan?

Shaan- Mein theek hoon, aap bataiye kuch kaam tha?

Devi- Shaan, mein divorce papers lene aayi hoon, tumne sign kar diye honge aur agar nahi kare hain toh mujhe lagta hai ....... matlab har baar tabiyat ka bahana nahi bana paoge.

Shaan- Main wo divorce papers sign nahi karunga.

Devi- Agar Shaan tum Shaurya ne jo kal kaha tha, us wajah se mana kar rahe ho, toh tumhe bata doon Shaurya ne sirf tumhari tabiyat ki wazah se aisa bol diya, warna Shaurya toh ....

Shaan- Shaurya toh kya?

Devi- Jaane to Shaan, tumhe acha nahi lagega, aur kya pata tum aur bimar ho jao. Shaan itne saal ho gaye humne kuch nahi kaha aur kuch nahi kiya par ab jo bhi ho raha hai wo mere aur Tej ke bardasht ke bahar hai, wo Aastha iss ghar mein .......

Shaan- Aastha ka kisi bhi cheez se koi lena dena nahi hai .... usko iss sab mein mat ghasitiye.

Devi- Dekho Shaan ......

Shaan- Bhabhi, mein yeh papers sign nahi karne wala aur agar aapki yeh hi zid hai toh mein yeh ghar chod doonga.

Devi- Shaan, yeh blackmail kisi aur ko ......

Shaan- Yeh blackmail karna, sach chupana, yeh sab mujhe nahi aata, mein jo kaha tha wo mein karne ko taiyar hoon.

Devi- Soch lo Shaan, iska anjaam acha nahi hoga, Tej ka gussa tum ne abhi dekha nahi hai, aur main nahi chahti ki .....

Shaan- Aap jo chahti hai usse mein anjaan nahi hoon.

With that Devi had a call coming and she left, leaving behind a vulnerable Shaan, last evening when Shaurya had backed his refusal he had felt a little relieved but today again he was back to the same situation, Devi's declaration about why Shaurya's had supported him, extinguished the little hope that he had harboured within him since last night and after today's conversation with Shaurya, but now Shaan knew he had to take the decision. He decided to let Shaurya know about it.