Peaceful Night

As Shaurya took the U-turn to go back to Sabherwal house, he noticed the wide smile that played along Shaan's face and then he saw him nodding to himself. 

Shaurya- Kya hua dad? Aap aise .......

Shaan- Kuch nahi Shaurya, but I am really proud of you today.

Shaurya- Sach bataiye dad, aap kya soch rahe the?

Shaan- Tumhe pata hai Shaurya, yeh zo zid hain na, yeh tumhe tumhari maa se mili hai. Wo bhi apni zid manwa ke hi chodti thi.

Shaurya- I know that dad.

And that was the end of the conversation between the two of them.

Shaurya after ages today felt peaceful and relaxed, though he lay in his bed awake but he wasn't restless, he was lost thinking about Anokhi. All his thoughts were about Anokhi, what he had witnessed today was phenomenal courage. That girl was fearless and was courageous enough to take big and difficult decisions of life so easily.  He wasn't ready to admit or acknowledge it yet but Anokhi's tears always broke something in him, they affected him, they moved something in him, they made him restless and bothered, he had seen her crying maybe just twice but it felt like a big deal. Tonight when she was lying there on the floor broken, in that moment he felt suffocated as if her pain was choking him. He had never felt anything so strong for any women, not even Badi ma, not even Shagun, except of course his mother how he had felt for Anokhi. And soon he fell asleep.

Anokhi too had been lying in bed and thinking, the storm in her life had settled, she hadn't even in her wildest dream imagined something like this, this was nothing less than pure blessing. She had called and informed Babli and Rama about it and both of them were elated. But her thoughts went back to Shaurya Sir, the same man who had hurled so much accusation at her a few days back , had informed Shaan Sir about her, had apologised to her, no not only apologised, but had convinced her to not let this opportunity go. No one, had ever been so concerned about her education and her career. She had asked him to go, she had gotten him angry, he had left but he still came back and again tried. Anokhi smiled, acknowledging that Shaurya Sabherwal Sir wasn't a bad man, her first impression and interaction with him hadn't been the best but indeed he was a good, kind, matured and sensitive individual. Post her refusal to Shaan sir, frankly it wasn't his concern and neither had she refused because of him, but still he had come to convince her, he apologised, he cared about her career and life.  

Shaan too was happy today, he yet did not know what had triggered the shift in Shaurya but Shaurya hostility towards Aastha had vanished completely. In fact the whole divorce paper fiasco and what Shaurya had said to him today afternoon was waiting to be analyzed and understood. He decided to speak with Shaurya regarding this. He knew this was not ending soon. He knew what Shaurya had done today with the divorce papers and then also for Anokhi will trigger off something in Devi Bhabhi and Tej Bhaisaab. There would be consequences, Aastha was hated to core in this house and Shaurya had done something for her student, it would be a big deal for them, they had done everything in their power to keep Aastha away.

Next morning, Anokhi woke up early, she didn't wanted to be late. She had gotten ready, prayed and thanked her matarani and then cross verified her documents and carefully placed them in her bag along with her ID card and provisional admission letter. As soon as the clock hit 8 am, she was out of her house to catch the bus to SIAC. 

On the way to SIAC, Anokhi called up Aastha and narrated her everything starting from not getting admission, working at cafe and to how Shaan Sir and Shaurya Sir had come last night with her provisional admission letter and how Shaurya Sir had motivated her and made her understand that it was important for her to continue her education. Aastha wasn't surprised to hear that Shaan had paid her fees but Shaurya's initiative and the way Anokhi told her how he had convinced her, all this had got Aastha very worried about Shaurya. His visit to Kapurthala, and then this was worrying her. Finally Aastha congratulated Anokhi and asked her to forget everything that happened in the past few days and must channelise all her efforts and energies in her studies. And then Anokhi asked her the million dollar question that "how did she know Shaan Sir?", Aastha was taken back and after a few seconds of pause and contemplation she told Anokhi to leave all this discussion as it is not important, for now all her focus should be on her studies and she should make good bond with her new teachers. Anokhi took her blessings and thanked her profusely for everything.