Light and direction

Anokhi told Shaurya how she met Aastha and how eventually their bond reached the stage he saw now. She told him in detail about how Aastha had been more than just a teacher to her, how she has stepped beyond that role to help her and elevate her out of the crisis a few months back. She told Shaurya about how Aastha had helped her after she ran away from her marriage and what all trouble her brother and father had put Aastha through for helping her.

Shaurya listened to her with rapt attention. The more Anokhi spoke about his mother, enlightenment and realisation dawned on him. His own introspection had started. He had been made to believe that his mother had left him for her job and freedom and here he saw a different picture where the very same lady was doing beyond her means to help a needy girl. His badi maa and bade papa had taken away too much from him in lue of the love that they gave him. They had snatched a mother from him or kept him away from his mother who would have potentially moved mountains for him, looking at how much she was doing for a girl she barely knew for year or so, the reflection that how much would she have done for her own son. In past few days he had been calculating what he had lost and apparently there was abundance of loss. 

Shaurya realised that Anokhi knew absolutely nothing about his mother and her past. He asked her a few questions here and there but mostly preferred listening to what she knew about his mother.

When Anokhi stopped she saw Shaurya sir was in deep thought, his eyes looking at some distant point but she could see he was kind of lost, there was immense pain, loneliness and longing. She couldn't understand, she tried to rewind what all she said and if there was something that could have hurt him. She knew there was some tussle between him and her Aastha ma'am but he was the one who insisted on knowing about her ma'am.

Anokhi- Shaurya sir ......

And that's when Shaurya's attention came back on Anokhi and he tried to calm and compose himself.

Anokhi- Shaurya sir, I am sorry if I said something that triggered this pain in you. I don't know .... I mean I don't mean to interfere, it is just that I know there is something not right between you and Aastha ma'am. I don't know how are you related, what bond you share but clearly there is a bond of pain you share and it is hurting you very badly, I feel Aastha ma'am is involved in your pain.

Shaurya was quite stunned, this girl should have been a counsellor.  She understood psychology so well. Possibly how could anyone read so much in his eyes at such tender age.

Shaurya- Anokhi tum ............ I mean ....................... just let it be.

Anokhi- Sir, agar aap bura na maane toh, can I tell you something?

And Anokhi waited. Finally after a few seconds Shaurya nodded asking her to go ahead. He wanted to know what was she thinking.

Anokhi- There is clearly something that hurts you so bad and if that's the case you should let it go. I don't know who hurt you or was Aastha ma'am or someone related to her, who is the cause  of it, but you should just let it go. Nobody is asking or forcing you to set things right with that person, but don't harbour any hate or ill feelings for that person in you any longer, its causing you greater damage, it is the crux of your pain and you deserve to be free of this pain. From my experience I have learnt that if you did a mistake then you need to forgive yourself and live and if there is someone else who wronged you and never made amends or seeked forgiveness, still just forgive them because you deserve apology and happiness. Do this for your own self restoration and solace.

Shaurya was again stunned. The girl before him had shelled out a solution or something that he had never been able to reach. She knew nothing about his past and its complexity, yet her advice had so much weight and clarity in it. It was hard to expect such clarity from even experienced people. And next second impromptu Shaurya verbalised his next question.

Shaurya- What if both wronged each other?

Anokhi- Then seek forgiveness, patch up and make amends. Life might be too short to harbour mistakes and hold people accountable for years, especially if the longing out ways the grudge and hurt. Why punish yourself?

Shaurya just smiled a little at her answer, even she knew what had to be done and the mighty Shaurya Sabherwal was struggling despite his heart knowing that all that he had do was go to Kapurthala and apologise and maybe his mother will accept him.

Shaurya- What if I am not forgiven, refused an apology?

Anokhi- Try again, dil se agar mafi mangi jaaye to maafi mil hi jaati hai sir. After all it not only the victim but the doer who is also hurt by his own actions and when you apologise that is what matter for the victim.

Shaurya had found the answers he had looking for, he knew it even before but affirmation from her assured him that his thought process wasn't wrong. He only had to try once and if he fails, he just needs to try again and be persistent and eventually one day his mother might just forgive him. 

Shaurya- Thank You Anokhi. I will not hold you any longer, it is already late.

Anokhi didn't know what the thank you was for weather it was for the off hour coffee, the talk about Aastha ma'am or her advice.