First Date

Camila stared at her closet. She had no idea what to wear. Not only because he wouldn't tell her where they were going but also because she wanted to wear something that would impress him. She pulled out two different dresses, holding them in front of herself as she stood in front of the mirror to determine which she should wear. Sighing, she dropped both of the dresses onto her bed and grabbed her phone to text Shawn.

C: I know that where we're going is a secret...but can you at least tell me what I should wear? 😬

She flopped back onto her bed, staring at the ceiling as she awaited a response. Minutes later her phone vibrated.

S: Wear what you wore to the ice cream shop.

Camila stared at his response in confusion. Wear what she wore to the ice cream shop? Seriously?

C: Shawn I was literally wearing leggings and a hoodie

S: I remember. That's why I asked you to wear that, silly!

C: Are we going grocery shopping together again? Is that the secret date location?

S: Dammit you figured it out! Jk. I'm not telling you where we're going but I will tell you that I want you to be comfortable. I'm wearing sweatpants too.

C: Gray sweatpants?

S: Only the best for you!

C: You spoil me. Legging and a hoodie it is.

Camila sat up from her bed and grabbed the two dresses, putting them back into her closet and pulling out the same black leggings and hoodie that she had been wearing when she ran into him at the store instead.

She couldn't deny that she kind of loved that whatever he had planned for them meant her getting to wear some of the most comfortable clothing she owned instead of some fancy cocktail dress and heels. Camila pulled on her leggings and hoodie before adding the fuzzy socks that she had also worn the night they reunited. She had her hair pulled up into a messy bun that night but she opted to keep it down for their date. At least at first; she did keep a scrunchie on her wrist just in case she wanted to pull it up later. She tapped a dab of concealer under her eyes and added a thin layer of mascara to her lashes before deciding that the minimal makeup was the perfect amount for their date.

She looked over at the clock; there was still nearly 45 minutes before he'd be there to pick her up for their date. She had kind of anticipated having to spend more time getting ready, though she wasn't complaining about the minimal effort needed.

She walked into her living room and sat down on the couch, turning on the TV and flipping to some reruns of Friends. After about an episode and a half, Shawn texted to let her know that he was on his way and just a few minutes later he was knocking at her door.

Camila jumped up from the couch, quickly turning off the TV before walking to her front door. She pulled open the heavy door to reveal her handsome date — wearing the gray sweatpants he had promised as well as a hoodie and some tennis shoes.

"Hi!" the small girl said excitedly when she saw him. She didn't even hesitate before standing up on her toes to give him a quick kiss. His eyes widened slightly at the sudden affection as a smile crept up onto his face.

"Well hi to you too," he chuckled.

"Sorry," Camila giggled. "I just couldn't resist."

"I'm never going to complain about kissing you," he replied. "You ready to go?"

"Yup! Just let me grab my phone." Shawn followed her just inside her apartment as she grabbed her phone from where she had left it on the couch. He couldn't help but gawk at how impressive her place was.