Pour Your Heart Out

"Are you sure you have to go back?" Camila asked with teary eyes as she hugged her best friend tightly outside of the Toronto airport.

"Unfortunately I do," Shelby sniffled.

"But you were only here for a day!"

"I know...I promise the next trip will be longer! And hey, in like...a couple months you'll be back in Miami for the wedding! We'll see each other again in no time."

"That's true," Camila sighed. "Thank you for the surprise visit. It really does mean the world to me. I needed some best friend time."

"So did I." They pulled away from the hug reluctantly and the Shelby's eyes went wide as if she had just remembered something. "Oh my god! I just realized that the next time I see you, you might be pregnant!"

"Shel..." the short brunette groaned. "I already told you that I haven't made a decision on that yet. I might not do it."

"If I were you, I would just do it but have a Plan B pill on hand at your place just in case you wake up the next morning and realize maybe you're not ready yet."

"That's actually not a bad idea..."

"But if you do decide to go for it and skip the morning after pill...promise you'll tell me if you're pregnant when you're in Miami?"

"If I know by the time we get to Miami, I promise I'll tell you," Camila assured the redhead with a giggle. 

"Alright. Well, if I don't head in now I might miss my flight."

"Travel safe, okay? Text me when you land." Camila hugged her tight again. "I love you so much."

"Love you too. Tell pool hottie I'll miss him."

"I will," Camila snorted. Both girls tried not to get too teary eyed as Shelby grabbed her bag and walked into the airport, waving over her shoulder at her best friend. Once she was out of sight, Camila got back into her car and grabbed her phone to call Shawn.

"Hi baby," he answered on the first ring. "How's your morning?"

"Pretty good...but I just dropped Shelby off at the airport and now I'm sad."

"I'm sorry. Did you enjoy your day with her yesterday, though?"

"I really did. It was a good surprise. But I missed hanging out with you. Are you home? Can I come over?"

"First of all, you never have to ask to come over. You're welcome whenever. I'm not home right now, though."

"Oh. Okay." Her voice was laced with a tinge of disappointment, immediately making Shawn want to hug her tight and never let go.

"You wanna come visit me at work? My next appointment isn't for another hour and a half. I've got time."

"That sounds fun," Camila smiled. "Plus, I haven't seen where you work yet."

"Don't get too excited," he chuckled. "It's not quite the high-rise office with a view that you've got."

"Text me the address. I'll be there in a few."

"Will do." Camila could tell by the way his voice sounded that he was smiling. "I love you."

"I love you too. See you soon, baby."

Shawn texted her the address seconds after the call ended. Camila plugged it into her phone's GPS and began driving. It was about twenty minutes from the airport to the building he worked out of. It was a big one story building with large steps leading up to a wide front porch. Camila pushed the front door open to an open waiting area that felt more like a living room than an office. There was a TV on the wall playing cartoons quietly and chairs lining the walls. A mother and her young son — he looked to be about six years old — waited in the corner of the room. An older woman peeked her head out of a long hallway with several doors and called the name "Julian". The boy and his mother both stood, following the older woman into one of the rooms.