SIMULA

IT WAS my tenth birthday but I feel so sad knowing that my bestfriend can't come to my party. How I am supposed to celebrate this party of mine if his not around? Except him, I don't have friends, I don't consider  anyone as my friend. The other kids that will attend at my party were child's of my parents friends and business partners. Also, my classmates are here too.

"Aia, let's go to the garden. The clown is there." My mom called me. I look to my nanny who was fixing my hair with my puppy eyes.

She knows that I don't want to celebrate right now. I want johhans in this party of mine. She just look at me with plead and left my room.

"Ayang, bumaba na tayo at baka humabol si Exil sa party mo." My nanny said in tagalog. I also pout my lips when she call me with my nickname that she gave me.

"Nanny don't call him Exil, his name is Johanns." I correct her.

"Ano ka ba naman, diba nga first name niya ang Exil? At saka nagagalit ang batang iyon kapag tinawag siyang Johanns e." She fight me. My already pouted lips became more pouted.

Johanns is so sensitive about his name but when I call him, it's really fine with him. I just shrugged my shoulder and slowly stand up.

"Baby? Yaya Thesa pakibilis naman." Mommy shouted, I don't know where she is but I'm sure that she is down the stairs.

"Oh, wear your big smile baby aiang. Happy birthday!" My nanny greeted me happily while holding my hands.

We are walking side by side. But when my mommy got near me, nanny Thesa stop walking and let my mommy to assist me.

Everyone seems to enjoy this afternoon. But me, the celebrant can't seems to smile. I really want Johhans to be here.

Everybody greeted me a happy birthday and some gives me gifts and stuff. After a while the clown's show started that makes everyone laugh even the elders. I was just watching at my DIY throne.

I saw my Mommy from the back smiling while she is on the phone, I curled my brows when she started walking towards me. Her smile became bigger when she see my face and mumble in the phone.

"Happy birthday baby. Mommy's love you." She greeted me and kissed my cheeks before passing the phone over me.

"Hello?" I lazily ask on the phone. Mommy didn't even told me who is this.

"I know that tone. Sorry if I can't come to your party Aia, it's exam day and I can't be absent today. You understand the situation right?" I smiled when I heard Johanns voice.

"But, can you visit me later?" I ask hoping that he gives me some time.

Johanns is five years older than me, he is in grade nine and an excellent student. I understand but I can't help but to feel sad. Also, his brothers are here, I saw Harisse at the buffet table, Neattan watching the clown while their youngest and also youngest to me is flirting with one of my visitors. everyone's here so why Johanns can't?

Ugh! Who even invented exam!?

"Of course I will." My smile curve bigger because of his answer.

I have so plenty things to say but he already ask if he can hang up the call bacause their next exam is starting. I can't say no so here I am sad again.