⁴⁵hallucinations reveal truths

"There's a party in celebration of our successful mission. So we have to be there as special guests."

Kenji announces loudly as he barges into your bedrooms.

You groan loudly, and roll onto your side to look at him. After spending hours in bed by yourself with nothing to do, you really just want the healing process to complete so you can at least leave the room and go somewhere. It's been almost four hours since you regained consciousness and you are starting to get hangry fast.

A large part of you is worried about the fact that you don't know what your partner decided to do after you left the bathroom, but if you go search for him would it even make a difference at this point?

He would just have a grumpy attitude again and not listen to you. Always so stubborn.

You huff, "How am I supposed to party with a broken leg?"

"The party doesn't start until eleven pm and you have been bedridden for four hours and thirty minutes so far. When thirty more minutes pass, Akila will come in and remove the glow from your leg. It's simple really, once there's no glow, you're ready to go."

"Wow that was a corny catchphrase."

"I have a lot more if you'd like to hear." He smiles. "I know you're probably bored and need something to do."

"No thanks. Just from hearing that first one, I know I don't want to hear the rest." You shrug. "But tell me what's going on with everybody right now, since I can't go outside to see for myself."

Including Dabi.

"Well almost everyone is helping set up to celebration area. It's in the strip lounge on the third floor. But some are just hanging around the bar laughing and talking to each other. It seems as though the Rouge Alliance and the Leauge Of Villains are getting along great. The mission that occurred earlier today helped that. It also seems like Alannah and Rin are getting along well wink wink, and Dabi has been in the basement for such a long time just staring at the cages where Shouto and Endeavor are still sleeping."

"Do you know why he's down there?"

Kenji shakes his head, "No, but I hope you're not going to ask to lean on me while going down two flights of stairs. I would do it but I don't want us to get hurt."

"I won't ask you to do that, don't worry." You laugh.

"Do you have a clubbing dress for the party tonight?"

"Yeah, but it's back at my house."

"Don't worry about it. Alannah looks about your size, I'm sure she'll have a dress for you to wear, okay? But just a warning, she wears some pretty revealing stuff. If your not comfortable with it then you can always just wear your villain costume."

You shrug. "I don't mind wearing something revealing."

"Tell me about yourself." Before you can ask why he wants to know about you, he speaks again. "You said you're bored right? So let's talk. I promise you can trust me. What happened after the hero commission took you away from your mom and dad?"

You sigh, "Well it's a bit of a long story..."

Kenji snickers. "Do you think you can fit the entire thing into the next thirty minutes before the healer comes?"

"Alright here goes..."

meanwhile...
in the basement

Dabi has been standing in this same spot for what feels like hours.

His back leaned against the brick wall as his eyes stare at the two cages through the darkness of the basement.