~Magnolia~

A/N: I was bored sooo

Yup.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maggie never really liked her name.

        Magnolia just seemed to be a name that belonged to an elderly woman that was too depressed to do anything other than knit beside her four cats each named after a character from The Golden Girls. Not that knitting was bad or anything. I mean she actually would enjoy knitting from time to time. It actually helped her gain enough money to go on her class field trip to Disney World in seventh grade, those beanies especially popular with the kids at her school. The thing was that first, who would name their cats after The Golden Girls? Maggie much much much preferred Full House over any other sitcom from the eighties and second, she felt that the name automatically labeled her as a boring person. A person that people would get tired of immediately because she was as fun as the color gray.

        Even though, she wasn’t in denial at the fact that she was not the kind of person that was approachable per say, she was pretty alright to hang out with. I mean she could easily recommend a list for the top five AU’s for any fandom if questioned, can tell you what episodes were quite emotionally traumatizing for Supernatural and Sherlock on BBC (just in case you’re a cryer), has pretty damn good taste in music in her opinion, will fangirl with you at all costs over any ship (except her notp’s. But then again, who would force themselves to do such a thing?), could recite every page of the Bible that is her life by memory (Aka the biography of One Direction), could edit and critique your own fanfics (Het or non het. That wasn’t really an issue for her.), and any other thing an average maniacally, clinically obsessed psychopathic fan would do for another. Well at least that’s what the anon messaged her through her tumblr had said (rude).

Was, Maggie a fangirl?

Oh without a doubt.

        With her countless fanfics posted on Wattpad and Ao3 about fictional and nonfictional characters, countless fanarts saved to both her phone and MacBook Air, several blogs each focused on a different fandom, and even her roommate whom she met through Omegle one day when they were connected through their shared interest of Louis Tomlinson’s hair swirl, you can say that she was even more than a fan.

She was dedicated.

        She couldn’t help herself really. The internet gave her more life than oxygen and she wanted to suffocate herself with it.

Was it unhealthy? Sure.

        Most people see this as an issue, one that is taking over and brainwashing this generation of youths. However, what they don’t understand is that people like, Maggie use the internet to escape, to travel away from this world without having to use a rocket ship.

        It helped her become the person she is today. It helped her realize her dreams of becoming a writer. It helped her realize that she wasn’t the only sad person in the world. It helped her realize that life pretty much sucks, but that there are ways of hiding from it.