Chapter 8: Taking your L with Pride

"Hey..."
"Wassup shorty?"
"We need to talk...." Brittney sighed as she looked down at her phone.
"Uhh ohhh what I do now?"
"It's about Nala.... I don't think I can keep us a secret any more."
"Why? I'm not fuckin her I'm fuckin' you...."
" I know but still that's my girl and I can't be out here lying to her my brother already hiding shit from her and now he knows I know what it is and he knows about us so he's trying to black mail me into not telling her his shit."
"Mann tell that niggas be a man and take his L with pride. If she leave his ass, she just leave, fuck that got to do with us B?!"
"Nothing...."
"Iight then, why we still talking about this shit?"
"We not..."
"Ok, leave the door unlocked, My flight land at 3am."
"Just use your key sir" she giggled.

~~A month later~~

Nala Karrington

"Damn, this cannot be right!" I said scratching me head as I looked over my inventory list. There was 8 bottles of Ace of Spades missing in inventory. Club prices for the special bottles I had ran from
$1500.00+ and 5 were missing from the back.

"ASHLEY!!!" I yelled as I walked from the stock room to the main floor. It was about 2 hours before the doors opened and Maurice and a couple of his friends were having an event. I walked over to Ashley who was wiping down some tables with her AirPods in. I touched her shoulder and she turned to me.

"Sorry Boss" she apologized as she stuck her AirPods in the case that was clipped to the belt loop of her pants.
"It's fine, have you been behind the bar lately?"
"Yea I've been helping out some."
"You know those big metallic gold and iridescent bottles of Ace of spades that run like $200.00 a shot?"
"Yea I know the bottles." She pointed to a single bottle that sat at the top shelf of the bar next to a plethora of other expensive bottles of alcohol.

"I just restock when we were closed Monday and there were 8 bottles here, now there are only 3.... Today is fucking Saturday...."

She stood and wrinkled her forehead for a second.
"Well I know Maurice got one and took it to your office Thursday."
"I'm slapped the shit out of him" I said under my breath.
"We sold the other 4 last night."
"Oh really, I didn't check the books. That's like almost. 10,000.00." I replied excitedly. "Who was here??"
"I don't know his name but he's been coming in a lot lately, getting a section and only drinking Ace."
"Mmm ok, we'll when he comes again let me know."

She nodded and continued doing her duties. I've been so busy replenishing everything that I never acknowledge that I was restocking that bottle on a regular. I had to know who was coming in weekly spending money on bottles like this. What type of business women would I be if I didn't introduce myself to my highest paying customer. I would deal with Maurice when I saw him tonight;
he knows I love him but I don't play about my business.

I was out here by myself while everybody got ready for tonight. Lately it seemed like I couldn't get Brittney and Maurice too say 2 words to each other or even sit in the same room. I don't know what their issue was but I didn't think it was my place to get in the middle of some sibling bullshit. They are both stubborn as hell but I know they love each other. I guess it was a plus for me because she never told him about the place I got out here. In fact I still haven't been to it myself. But I'll make my way after closing probably. I may need Maurice under the influence when I throw this at him anyway.

Maurice Gray

Maurice Gray

"Hey Dad?" MJ called. I looked threw my rear view mirror at all three of my brats.
"Can we get ice cream?" Legend butted in.
"cAN wE gEt IcE cReAm?" I mimicked him. "Why every time we get in the car you want ice cream?!"
"Cause I like ice cream and cars!"
"Well I like burgers and fries!" MJ added.
"Oh yea?" I giggled looking at my Angel strapped in her car seat between the 2 devil twins.

Me and The kids were on a road trip down to Vegas for the night while me and my homie Tyga throw a even at Nala's club. Nala flew down earlier to handle some business. I needed sometime to think on how I was going to approach Nala with the Other baby situation tonight. I know it's been over a month and I still hadn't told her. But we both haven't had time to just chill lately. Plus his mom left California with him a while ago and I haven't been able to get in contact with her. That's a bitter sweet situation in itself cause it buys me time but she can also show up out of the blue.

My sister has been giving me a the silent treatment since our argument at my moms. But she knows I love her and she can't be too mad at me. I bought her a new phone and a bunch of other shit to say sorry. I think she forgives me, she still hasn't said anything to Nala.

"And what does daddy princess want?"
"UM!" She said in her highest pitch with her finger on her chin. "TOYS!!"
"Aura we can't get Toys from a drive thru." MJ explained and when She began to pout he grabbed her hand. "Dont be said tho. If Dad goes to a drive through we can get happy meals and they have toys in them!"

I admired how he took on the big brother role so well. I didn't think it would be possible for him to accept them like he did. He holds no animosity to them for me shutting him out before I got with their mother. If anything he keeps them in line better than I can and I try to include him in as much as his mother will allow me to.

I looked down at my Rolex, it read 6:15pm. I had a bout 2 more hours, I detoured took the kids to a quick fast food spot and got kids meals, with toys and ice cream. Daddy's winning right now.

~~4 hours later~~

 THE BOYS ARE BACK!!! Kids dropped off, and we outside baby!