Chapter 22: Battle of the Bouquets

Omniscient

While Nala walked up to her office she spoked to her security team on through FaceTime on her work iPad.

"Ma'am we are almost at capacity early tonight." Her head of security, Stan spoke in a deep professional tone.

"Damn really?!" Nala replied in a slightly shocked voice. She'd been floating around making sure her staff were all in attendance and doing their task that she hadn't notice the size of the crowd around her.

"Well you know what to do." She instructed, "let 10 more girls in then double the entry fee."

She entered her office when she noticed her office covered in bundles of multi-colored roses. The only part of the floor she could see was the paths that were made from the door to her desk, bathroom and window. Nala Blushed as she followed the path to her desk and took a seat in her office chair.
"Shut it down at 98% and if you get some push back please handle it discreetly Stan. I don't need Vegas PD in my business again." She tried keeping a professional face but she could not contain her smile. She had been there majority of her day in and out her office and she was shocked that this made it pass her at all.

"You got it boss!"
"I'm supposed to have a friend coming in, please let-"

Before she could finish her she heard a knock from her open door. She looked up and saw Q standing in the door way with a bouquet of tulips. He stood there with a blank face as his eyes scanned the room.

"How are you?" Nala greet him with a smile as she stood from her chair with a smile on her face. She ended the call and placed her iPad in her chair.
They began to walked toward each other as they met in the middle of the room he leaned down and kissed her cheek. "I'm fine baby girl."

"These are for you" he bashfully handed her the tulips. She smiled at him and looked around the room.

"Thank you" she giggled awkwardly as she turned to place them on her desk but couldn't as there were 2 teddy bears made of roses sitting on clouds that were also made of roses covering her desk.

"I'm not going to lie" Q cut through the awkward silence, Nala turned to face him "I'm a little jealous." He rubbed the the back of his neck with his free hand.

"I'm going to have to buy you a ring to top all of this.." Nala glared at him without saying a ward. He smiled and leaned into speaking directly in her ear.
"I'm playing baby girl." He assured her in a low tone. "Matching rolexes are much better."

"The tulips are fine." She smiled and she ran her index finger of her right hand across her right eye brow. Showing off her dainty gold Rolex that wrapped around her wrist.

They both burst out laughing.

"You just keep hurting my feelings. "