Chapter 18: Takes a village

Omniscient

Nala lays horizontal across the bed with her entire body hidden by the thick comforter. She is awaken by high pitched toddler screams for entering the room. She groans as she peels the covers from over her head and sees Aura stand 2 inches from her face with a mischievous grin on her face.

"Hi mommy" Aura greeted as she arched her left eye brow. Nala snickered.  "Wanna plaaayyy?" She says inching closer to Nala's face.

" no Chucky " Nala says as she pushes her upper body off of the bed and brought her Knees under her to sit on them. She didn't notice the little body sitting next to her.

"Who's chucky?" Aura asked with a frown and Nala shook her head.
"Nobody baby; how was your day?"

"Hi!!!" Nala hears a hi pitch scream making her look to the right of her. Catori sat with his hands on his cheeks smiling like he's just happy to be here.

.
Nala smiles and extends her hand to him, "Hi cutie!"

"Hi Tutie!" He repeats and gives her a five.

"TT says we gave her a mind brain (migraine) and to see what you were doing." Aura says as she climbs on the bed.

Over the past few months Nala was accustomed to having the toddler around from time to time. When Maurice had to leave for business she would often volunteer to watch take him for a couple hours or over night to give Momma Joyce and Brittney some free time.

~~Flash back (1/2 months ago)~~

Nala walked into Brittneys apartment with a pizza and 2 target bags full of goodies in her hand . It was Saturday night and Brittney and Momma Joyce were getting ready in her bedroom. Kicking the door closed with her feet he walked through the foyer and into the open layout living/Dining/Kitchen and saw MJ and Legend  playing with nerf guns.

MJ was standing behind the couch with a army helmet and straps across his bare chest with nerf ammunition hooked along it.

Legend had his back to Nala as he stood with his feet in 2 of the dining room table chairs shooting a large musket looking gun at MJ with 2 smaller guns sticking out the back of his jogging pants and a bandanna tied around his head with his hair in a high messy bun.

"YOU DONT WANT NUN OF THIS BOY-EEE!!" He screamed as he dramatically shook the gun while the foam nerf balls spewed out the large opening. "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!!!"

'Taking a mental note to cut Dave's bonding time in half before my child becomes a menace to society ' Nala thought to herself as she placed the pizza and bags on the dining table and took her LV crossbody off sitting it there as well.

MJ did a tuck and roll from behind the couch and as he got to his feet he noticed Nala standing at the table behind Legend as he aimlessly shot the toy in every direction. MJs eyes became whole and a smile crept across his face as he and Nala locked eyes. She smiled and winked at him.

"NALA YOU'RE FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!" He screamed as he ran to her wrapping his arms around her waist. She sat the pizza and bags down and wrapped her arms around him hugging him back. "I missed you!"

"Awww MJ I missed you too!" She kissed the top of his head. he let go and stood next to her, "Where is your sister?"

"Down here mommy!!" She heard Aura call. She looks down and sees Auras little head peaking from under the table at her feet.