Chapter 14: Can't hide forever.

Nala Karrington

"I'm sooo fucked up right now" I slurred to myself as I feel back on the bed with as the bottle tequila in my hand crashed to the floor. It felt like I was floating on a cloud, I couldn't fee anything. I looked over at the nightstand and stared down the half empty bottle of NyQuil.
"Works ever time" I said under my breath. I haven't be able to feel anything in days. But I need to make a decision now. Am I gone to ruin myself over some man or am I going to handle my business like a real boss. I can't loose everything I have worked hard for because my feelings are hurt. FUCK THESE FEEINGS!!!! FUCK HIM TOO!!!!!

I pulled myself to my feet, I couldn't feel my knees. I dragged my feet over to the full length mirror that sat on the wall by the door and examined myself.
"I look like shit..."

My hair was unruly and matted to my head. The tank top I had on was dingy and stretched out from wiping tears with it. I stumbled to the other side of the room and entered the bathroom, I needed to shower and just wash the day and everything else away. The sun was almost up and I couldn't start my day like this.

~~ later that afternoon~~

"Why you being weird to me?"
"I'm not being weird to nobody I just don't feel like talkin' to any of y'all" I rolled them eyes looking at the phone. Dave smacked his lips and sighed.

"What that got to do with me?" He asked. "I'm yo bro..."
"That's including you!!! You were my bRoThEr when you didn't tell me he had a baby around here."
"Mannnn you got me fucked up!!!!" He hissed. "When you known me to get in the middle of you and a Nigga you fuckin?!"
"..." I couldn't say anything. My brother has always been my protector and provider but as I got older and start giving these boys attention he gave me my space to fall on my face. But he was always there to pick me up and beat some ass when it was necessary.

"Ok then!!" He huffed. " As long As his hands weren't on u it wasn't my place. Muhfuckas feelings get hurt every day B."
"You rude as fuck you know that?"
"The truth hurts.."

I pouted on the other end of the phone. Sometimes I wonder why I loved him like I do.
" speaking of that Nigga, you got him crying and shit sis."
"Glade we in the same boat then." I replied sarcastically.
"Nahh like forreal. He be here every night asking Bb to call you over he just wanna talk." He chuckled. " what you been doing to this Nigga."
"I'm glade you find my downfall amusing"
"You still up sis" he reassured me. "ya ego just a lil bruised."

"Yea.... I'm not ready to see him now tho."
"What about the kids?" He reminded me. "You can't stay hidden forever."
"I kno..."
"When you coming out?"
"I'm making arrangements now Dave." I reassured him. " I have to go by the house and get their clothes but.... He's probably there."

"He gone be preoccupied tonight" Dave added. " he called and told me he having a ball tournament tonight and want me to slide through."
"Oohhh could y-"
"Nahh I'm not getting in the middle of y'all shit Nala!" He cut me off, I smacked my lips. " stop acting childish and handle yo business. I'll talk to you later."

I dreaded the thought of having to see him today but I missed my kids and I know they missed their mommy.  Thee was a bunch of things I needed from the house and I've been roughing it for the last couple  days so it was bound to happen. Luckily I know how he is about basketball, you'd think he was in the NBA how serious he takes it. I could slip in and out without him noticing.

Thank you guys!
This is just a filler chapter! I needed to give y'all something since I haven't updated in a while.
I'm having a hard time making sense of my thoughts. It's frustrating because I knew what I want to say, but can't get it Out.