Chapter 3: I Like This Dress on You

Nala Karrington

Nala Karrington

"Eu Gosto esse vestido en vocè"

I rolled my eyes and looked down in my cup. He knew damn well I didn't know what that meant; I tried not to smirk. King was always saying some slick shit in one of the hundred languages he spoke, like no one would ever figure out what he was saying. I rarely paid attention to him because I knew he liked me. Ever since Reese brought him to the house to work in his studio he would get all bright eyed when I walked by.

No don't get me wrong, King is extremely intelligent and adorable with his sexy chocolate self. He has a nice smile, some nice pink lips and he always keeps himself together. But, to be honest, he damn near look like he can be my brother and I just can't get with that. The only reason I was entertaining him now was because Maurice was supposed to be here celebrating my accomplishments. I've supported everything he has done since we've been together and the one time I needed him he let me down. I was feeling extremely vulnerable and exposed to a building full of strangers. I needed support from my man... But since he isn't here, anyone familiar will do.

"Stop" I mumbled circling my drink clockwise in my cup. He nudge my shoulder with his arm.
"I see you can't take a compliment" he smiled, " you don't even know what I said"

"Something slick about my dress"

"Slick?" He shook his head and turned around leaning back on the railing looking down at me as he took a sip of his drink. I just knew he was trying to look down my dress. I crossed my left arm across my chest as I took sip of my drink with the right.

"I said... I like this dress on you"

"Aww thank you" I replied slightly looking up at him and pass him at the same time.
"I really really like it...." he lifted his hat and wiggled his thick eyebrows.
"I mean... I can definitely take it off..." his mouth curled into a smile instantly, " You can try it on since you like it soo much. Olive looks good on our skin, don't you think?."
He squared his eyes at me and I chuckled. "I see you got jokes."

"ju-"

"What's funny, I'm trying to laugh too" Maurice snarled loudly, cutting me off as he swung the door shut with both hands. He just SOO got damn extra.

"Inside joke between friends" I snapped as he walked closer to us throwing his shades on the couch. "You would know if you made it to shit on time!"

He snatched my cup from my hand turning it up to his lips and didn't stop until my entire drink was gone.

"Ooo.....k" I exclaim dryly.
He brought the cup in front of him as his eyes began to pierce through mine. He think he can show up late to my shit and then try to intimidate me.
Nahhh, not this time, he got me fucked up!

"Friends huh?" He questions as he snatched King's bottle and refilled my cup.

"Just a friendly conversation between acquaintances" King replied as he stood up straight and placed his hands in his front pockets. "We been waiting up here for you. I wanted you to hear a couple songs I finished this week; I was hoping to get them cleared..... tonight..."