Chapter 11: Handled with Care

Marurice Gray

Last night was by far worst night I had in a long time. After all that shit went down And Nala left, Catori's mother called herself storming out leaving him behind. The boys were sitting on the stairs crying and I had Bella cussing my ass out. I honestly deserved it... I know I didn't hit her but I damn sure was about to. I was already pumped with adrenaline just from seeing her walk in.... I honestly was terrified about what she would do and pissed at Ammika all at the same time. When she head butted me I sorta blacked out.

~~Flashback~~

Omniscient

"MMMMAAAAUURICCCCEEEEEE CHRISTOPHER GRAY!!!! IF YOU HIT THAT GIRL- SO HELP ME GOD, IT WILL BE THE LAST THING YOU DO" Bella called out from the top of the stairs demanding the attention of everyone present.

"T- I--" Reese stumbled over his words. The tone of Bella's voice took him back to his childhood and at that moment he was that 11 year old kid again about to get some "act right" by his favorite aunty because his mother's discipline just wasn't doing the job.

He let Nala's arms go and she ran for the door. As he was about to go after her Bella stern voice called out to him. "LEAVE that girl alone." she began to walk down the stairs "Boys go to the door, your daddy will be up in a minute."

They got up and MJ ran up the stairs as fast as he could . Legend just stood there glaring at Maurice with his little fist clenched heaving as he bit his inner jaw; he was furious. Noticing Legend's stands, Bella caressed his shoulder. "It's ok L, go check on your sister."

He slowly turned around around keeping his eye on Maurice who was staring back nervously. His fist were still balled up and his little shoulder blades were sticking up under his pajamas as he began to stomp up the stairs. With every stomp he wanted every one to know he was mad as hell but you really couldn't tell as the cushion in his house shoes softened his steps.

"Legend I'm s-" Reese began

"I HATE YOU!!!" L blurted out as he reached the top landing and took off running.

Reese let out an exhausted sigh as he eyes shifted toward Ammika who walked up to him with an annoyed look on her face.

"Ammika can you leave?" he asked dryly. "I'll talked to you sometime this week."

"Yes I'm leaving now." She slowly handed Catori over to Reese and began to walk toward the door.

"Wait! what you doing?!!" Reese yelled grabbing her wrist with his free hand. "I can't keep him right now and you know that."

"Well that's not an option now. I need to leave!" She snatched away. "Your his father, you keep him."

"What?!!!" He shook my head not wanting to hear anything she was saying. She began to back away from him and head toward the door. He began to put Catori down but halted when he looked down and saw he was standing in the middle of the broken glass. "MAN HELL N- AMMIKA!!"

"Ammika go!" Bella insisted.

"NO SHE NOT GOING ANY FUCKIN-" He yelled and Bella stepped toward him.

"I know you not TALKING to me???" She asked folding her arms across her chest. "You never too old to get your ass beat!"

He looked down at his Aunt and stood down with a sigh, "This some bullshit.." he mumbled.

"YOU DAMN RIGHT IT IS!!!" Bella snapped at him. "This is not handling the situation with 'Care' Christopher!"

He huffed and went and sat on the steps sitting Catori besides him.

"I have to go!" Ammika exclaimed and swiftly walked out the door. Bella followed behind her and locked the door. She turned around to see Reese with his head in his laps.

She walked over to him slapping the back of his head. The sound echoed through the now silent corridor. feeling the sting of her hand, Maurice raised his head slowly and locked eyes with his Aunt who was standing in front of him with her hands on her hips in her slightly oversized Plush emerald robe. He wanted to tell her she looked one of her bushes that sat in front of her house but he bit his tongue for the fear of being slapped again.

"You must have lost yo damn mind!!" she hissed, he looked at her with defeated eyes. "This is not how you was raised! You have really outdone yoself this time. "

"Bella I-"

"I DON'T GIVE A DAMN!!!!!" She spat, "This a situation that You caused because you don't know how to act. You should be ashamed of yoself right now!..."

~~End of Flashback~~

If I hadn't heard that stern voice that reminded me of the days I used to get my ass whooped as a child, I don't know what I would have done ...... Bella always had a way of sending fear to my soul. She small but mighty... like Might mouse and hits like the hulk. I'm just happy she was there last night, I would have probably ended up in handcuffs if she wasn't.