Chapter 6: Are You Serious?!

I burst through the front doors and I asked the nurse about my mom. A lot of people were looking at me. I don't care how embarrassing I was, I need to see my mom!

And then, I saw her lying unconsciously on a hospital bed. I cautiously entered her room. My father glared at me for being so late.  I walked over to him to ask him about Mom, but he just pointed to the doctor. I talked to the doctor.

"Doc, what happened to my mother?"

"According to your father, she bled out from her eyes, nose, and mouth. She collapsed immediately and her right breast was swelling.  I'm sorry,  young man but..." 

He stammered... I know something terrible will escape his mouth. And I am so afraid to know it. Wait is she...? No, it can't be!

"... your mother has Breast Cancer- Stage 3. I'm sorry."

"What?! It can't be! You must do something! You're a doctor for Pete's sake! No!"

At that point, my knee collapsed on the floor and I sank into anger and sadness. Tears began dripping down my eyes. I don't want her to die! Even if she keeps on yelling and nagging at me always. I love my mom dearly. It's one of the fears I have in life besides of losing my sanity and dying, is to lose my mom. I looked up at the doctor, not bothering to wipe my tears.

"Mr.Cooper, you have 6 months to enjoy being with your mother. I'm very sorry."

And with that, he left me. I don't have any strength to get up. I don't know how much long I will keep on crying. My throat is beginning to soar from my endless screaming and crying. The people looked at me with scared faces. I don't care anymore. I don't want a life like this. Whatever! He's just a doctor, He's not a god that can predict someone's death or the future. I believe that my mother has still hope. God wouldn't let her die. No,... I'm still too childish and naive and I am not ready to let her go. I stopped crying but I still can't move due to those shocking words. Pat went towards me and gave me a comfort. 

"It's okay, baby brother. It's okay... it's okay."

We look stupid there but I don't care. I cried like a baby in my brother's arms. I never felt this comfort the past few years. It felt like I'm with my family with my body but not wholeheartedly. I miss my family so much. After that, Dad stayed at the hospital to watch over my mom. Pat and I went home. I immediately went to my bed to sleep. I was really tired... both emotional and mental. So much has happened today. I don't know how I'll cope up with that.