Chapter 11: One Year Later

I woke up from the terrible yesterday. It was my birthday and I'm 14. Mom got out of the hospital a month ago and our money got swept away due to the bills. I was forced to work as a janitor in our church. I looked at the mirror and stared at my fragile broken body and teared up. My body excluding my face was covered with bruises and scars. Dad's beatings were getting worst. I always need to wear a sweater or a jacket with a pair of long pants to hide it. Mom is questioning me about me wearing it even under the Sun but I told her it's my style of fashion. Dad's blaming me for everything, mostly my Mom having a Breast Cancer that was Stage 3 that turned to Stage 4. That's why the doctors let her out of the hospital because they couldn't do anything anymore. I got another spanking from Mom though. She figured out I was listening to Petra.

*FLASHBACK* 

"John, come over here and explain this to me!"

Once again, I followed Mom's voice.

"Why have you been listening to Rock again?!"

"Mom, it's Christian Rock. They're singing songs about Jesus in a more alive way."

"No they're not! They are simply wolves in sheep's clothing."

"No, Mom. They are sheep in wolves's clothing."

"Prove it to me, then."

"It's my birthday today so, I figured you to come with me to Petra's concert."

"Okay. But if they start worshiping the Devil, we're heading out whether it's finish or not!"

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Here we are. Mom just finished dressing up and we're heading out to the concert in a few minutes. I'm excited because I am about to see Petra in live! But also a little bit nervous 'cause I don't know what will Mom think about them.  

*TIME SKIPS TO THE CONCERT*

The people are going wild and crazy while Petra sings their amazing songs. Mom glares at me first but then smiled at me afterwards.   

*TIME SKIPS TO THE END OF THE CONCERT*   After the concert, Mom became a huge Petra fan. She was all Petra that, Petra this... but I was happy that someone finally understands me. But my whole family including Pat and Dad still disagrees with it. They didn't dare to quarrel with me, since Mom's moments in Earth is already being counted.    But after awhile...