Chapter 12: Back to the Hospital

But after awhile... Mom started to vomit blood. She won't stop vomiting! I tried to help her but Dad shoves me out of the way. He rushes her to the hospital with my brother but they all left me behind. I glared at the altar that's in the middle of our living room. 

Why did God do this to me? When will He ever save me?

I was forced to walk to the hospital that was miles away. I sighed, I was walking for hours. Tears started to form again as I remembered how Mom vomited so hard. A strong sense of iron keeps on hunting my nose as I picture the image in my head. The one that hunts me most is how her eyes stared blankly at the ceiling when Dad shoved me away from her. Those sweet angelic eyes. Perhaps her soul is now gone. I shivered as the scene in my head ended. I lifted my head up and I was now in front of the hospital. 

I'm scared... what if she's...? I'm too scared to find out.

I entered her room. She's now even worse. She's so much pale. Her lips that once resembles the color of a lipstick was now dry. She craned her neck to look at me. It made a disturbing sound. I don't like seeing my beloved mother like this! 

"John..." she tried her best to speak. 

Her voice is so dry not like before. I went towards her.

"John, forgive me. I wasn't a good mother to you. It's because of me why you're suffering."

Tears started to blur my vision. I held my mother's hand and squeezed it like I used to when I was a scared little boy. 

"Mom, it's not your fault. I'm the one to blame. I was always stubborn. Mom, please! Don't die."

"I'm not gonna last long, my little Johnny. The doctors can't do anything anymore. God is calling me. I must go."

"Mom... no! Please-"

"-I'm so tired, John. But I'll always stay inside your heart, John. Promise to continue to serve Him. I'll always be here to guide you... to protect you like I promised when you were little."

"I'm still scared of the dark."

"I'll always be here, Johnny. Put a smile on your face... Mommy loves you... always."

"Mom... mom..."

She stretched out her neck and kissed my forehead. She looked up the ceiling and finally closed her eyes. I heard a long beeping sound coming from the monitor beside her. I knew what it meant, her heart has reached the flat line stage. She was now long gone. The doctors rushed in to revive her but they couldn't do anything.

"We're sorry Mr. Cooper. Time of death: 7pm"

They put a white blanket all over her body. I was emotionless. Why does she have to die when it's my birthday? This is the best birthday gift ever! (sarcasm) I still didn't move out of the room. Pat came in and escorted me out. His arms on my shoulder. I looked straight down the path we are walking... completely emotionless. I feel like my heart is sinking down. I feel so... numb.