Chapter 16: Just from Beneath the Skin

It started to crawl towards me. It looks exactly like me! From bottom to the top. Only much more built and has a dark hair.

"Hello." it finally said. Even its voice sounds like mine.

"Who a-are you?" I said. I was beginning to sweat.

"I'm DJ."

"DJ? What are you doing here?"

"I'm you silly, he said with a laugh, and DJ means Dark John."

"What do you want? You're not even real! Just get out!"

"That's not right! I'm the only one who can understand you and yet, you despise me. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk." he dramatically said.

I didn't say anything. I just kept on staring at this creature. Am I going mad? He smiled and broke the silence. He offered his hand to me.

"Get up. I want to show something to you."

"No, thank you. I rather rot in here."

He scowled at me. Oh man, he can be really scary.
"If you won't come with me... I will enter your disgusting little body! And you won't ever to control it! Now, c'mon!"

Okay, that scared the fudge out of me! I thought it would be impossible but I took his hand or my hand if I am really seeing things.

The next thing I realized is that I'm already standing in front of an abandoned village. With lots of scary creatures roaming about.

"Where the fuck have you taken me?!" I bursted from panic.

"Welcome to your worst nightmare! Where you'll battle monsters for freedom. Two choices: live or die!" he said like an announcer.

I gasped when I felt something cold and pointy on my neck. I turned around and DJ revealed a knife.

"Use it." he handed me with a smirk.

This guy's insane! I slashed one creature on the back. It ran away and its blood sprayed all over my face. It was disgusting but It feels like my anger is fading away whenever I try to hurt one. I WANT MORE! MOOOORE!!! I stabbed another one on the legs. It crawled helplessly away. Damn, it was fast! I looked over to DJ. He seems proud. Finally, someone who's proud and can understand me!

"How's that they don't attack you?"
"They can't see me. Only you!" he laughed again.

He's so annoying! The next creature I saw was different from the others. It was small and fragile looking... and so tempting to punish! I prepared to strike it, until it utter a loud innocent cry. The place I was standing shattered. I closed my eyes, not wanting to see what's gonna happen next.

When I came to, everything was so different. Police cars surrounds me and a disappointed brother looking at me. I turned back to find DJ but he was gone. I looked at myself. I look and smell like crap. Iron filled my nose. I was still clutching the knife in my hands. I was lying on the cold cement floor. The creature staring at me before was nothing but a child. She stared at me with those scared little eyes.

Oh, God! I almost hurt her! Does that mean... I almost killed... EVERYONE?!

The cops walked towards me. They were really angry and frightning. I don't wanna go to jail!

"Mr. Cooper, you're coming with us!"

"But DJ's the one who made me do this, not me!"

They shook their heads in disappointment and looked at me like I was acting crazy. They took the knife from my hand and they tied my hands up. They pushed me towards the police car. I looked at my brother who was standing outside, glaring at me.

I can tell that he mouthed a single word that made my heart broke...

"Lunatic."