Episode 25 - Scene 6

"I am deeply pleased by the fact that a fashion icon like Mr. Gabriel Agreste wants to claim my talent and that I can be a part of this company" Lila said as she looked down on the crowd with her chin up. Adrien just stood by and waited out this miserable situation. He had nothing in his hands that he could have used to direct his future according to his own wishes.

Adrien looked at Lila with a blank stare. His own father's decision granted Lila happiness, but him? To him, his father has not even asked what he wants, what he desires. His father is only concerned with his own will.

He dared to glance into the audience and saw Marinette looking at him with empathy. Her hand was clasped by Alya. How he would love to sit there, next to her, instead of Alya. To hold her hand so he could take away her sorrow and she could take away his. He knows Marinette came to this event to give her career its start. After all, he got her the seat. He remembered her unbridled joy, her beaming face, when he offered her this opportunity. But now she, his everyday ladybug, must suffer because of him. 'Shame on me', he thought to himself, and involuntarily detached his gaze from her when he suddenly noticed something gripping his hand and heard his future business partner say the following.

"I am pleased to be able to spend more time with Mr. Adrien Agreste and I hope for a harmonious collaboration now and in the future."

Lila looked victoriously over at her partner and pressed a light kiss to his cheek and thanked the audience, who clapped their hands in excitement, and left the stage.

At this sight, Marinette's face turned pale. She felt like the ground was being pulled out from under her feet and the world was about to shatter. Her head throbbed so hard that pulsating veins clearly showed their bluish structure at the temples. Her vision blurred with tears and her cheeks gave off such intense heat that it dwarfed even the sun.

Alya realized that Marinette's current situation posed an enormous danger to her and everyone else. Guided by her emotions, she is an excellent target for Shadow Moth. She tried with all her might to drag her best friend out of the hall, but Marinette remained frozen. She was glued to the chair, still looking at the podium with wide eyes, where Adrien was looking shamefully at the floor, a tear falling on his white polished shoes and on Gabriel Agreste, who was adjusting his scarf.

Alya would have rather taken Marinette's earrings out of her ears and hide them in a safe place. But she could hardly do that in front of all these people. It would be far too conspicuous if she dropped everything and enriched herself with her best friend's earrings. An even bigger problem lies in the fact that Shadow Moth can be in the same place as her and this conspicuous behavior can draw her and her best friend into suspicion. Everything was lost when a Akuma and Amok nestled into Marinette's notepad she was holding. Alya shuddered and screamed at Marinette to break away from the temptation. She shook her with such force that she threatened to topple over herself, but Marinette broke free of Alya's grip with ease and rose. She surrendered to the spell and her presence darkened.