Episode 26 - Scene 8

Cat Noir stood across from his father and watched the Akuma settle into his father's glasses. His eyes were red-rimmed and filled with tears.

"Risk, I am Shadow Moth. How nice it would be if you could undo all your mistakes. Your life would be perfect. I grant you the power to break through the gate of your soul with your willpower alone and fulfill three of your deepest desires. In return, I ask for nothing. Just let me keep the miraculouses so I can always help you."

"Keep the miraculouses. I have no use for them anymore anyway. I just want my wife back." he announced seriously with a hopeless undertone, allowing himself to be gifted with the power he was granted.

Gabriel's essence darkened. His body were enveloped by a dark purple void. Cat Noir took a step back and held his hands in a defensive position. The akumatized victim, what stood before him, had barely changed in appearance. His father looked exactly as he had in his civilian form. He appeared much younger. Instead of gray hair, he had dark blonde hair. His blue eyes shone clearly. The only thing that was different about him set Cat Noir worrying. He didn't have his glasses on, although the Akuma had taken up residence in his glasses. Ladybug also noticed that the akumatized victim was not wearing glasses. However, the Akuma or the glasses could not possibly have disappeared while retaining their effect.

Gabriel Agreste had his hands shaped as if he were enclosing a sphere. His eyes were narrowed. A blinding light shone through the gaps in his hands. He revealed this light and opened his hands in the shape of an increasing sphere. In this light there was a hand with a ring on its finger. This ring was silver. Just like Gabriel's wedding ring. Cat Noir's pupils widened when he saw this wish of his father. He wants to take control of him again. He looked up at his father's face. Gabriel opened his eyes. However, the blue color was gone. Only a green iris was visible, fluorescing. The pupils were not visible. Gabriel wanted to look down to his hands, where his wish had formed. But suddenly his vision darkened. He saw only black. His hands loosened and he reached for his face. Cat Noir had tied his belt around his eyes so that the gateway to his soul would remain closed and he could not make a wish come true. Gabriel tugged at the belt, but Cat Noir tightened it even more and tied the belt around his waist again. He rushed to the aid of Ladybug, who was already fighting Shadow Moth in the second round. Gabriel Agreste was dragged behind him and could do nothing about it.

"Ladybug, what are we going to do about the Akuma?" he asked while covering Ladybug and blocking Shadow Moth's punch.

"There' s nothing she can do about it!" laughed Shadow Moth as he continued to fight lightheartedly.

"That's just what you think, Shadow Moth!" taunted Ladybug, swinging her yoyo upward.

"Lucky charm!"

An umbrella fell into her hands. She was stunned. What was she supposed to do with it?

"Well, I'm no spoilsport, but that ridiculous thing won't be able to protect you from what's coming," Shadow Moth interposed, folding her arms. Ladybug paid no further attention to her and focused on the lucky charm. She opened the umbrella and saw that it looked unusual. Ladybug bit her lip. This umbrella had cat ears. She didn't know what that meant. She tried to figure out what she could do with it. But somehow, she couldn't seem to think of anything. Her mind wasn't working. She was too worried about Adrien. Ladybug emitted a sound. The umbrella indicated Adrien. He is in danger. She must find him now. But she couldn't leave Cat Noir alone with Shadow Moth. Her head was about to burst. But then she screamed at the top of her lungs.

"Cat Noir, stand by!" she instructed her partner, running toward the action. Cat Noir had Shadow Moth well under control. He briefly looked over at Ladybug and saw her throwing the umbrella to him. He caught it and flung it several times in his hand. He now had two weapons in his possession. The umbrella and his staff. Cat Noir pulled Shadow Moth to him with the umbrella handle. Astonishment was visible on Shadow Moth's face. Cat Noir smiled briefly and extended his staff directly into Shadow Moth's chest. Shadow Moth hit the wall and fell to the floor. Immediately she stood up and realized that something had changed. Her facade looked different. She looked up at Cat Noir and noticed that he was holding something shiny in his hand. Her eyes widened. He was holding the Peacock Miraculous in his hand. She couldn't believe she had lost it and jumped into the air.

"I'm going after her! Watch out for Gabriel Agreste!" shouted Ladybug as she also took to the skies in pursuit of Shadow Moth. Cat Noir loosened the belt from his waist. He had to free his father from it. But how will he do that if the Akuma is not accessible. The glasses are just gone. Gabriel stood and did not move. Cat Noir looked at his father with a serious look.

"Would you give up your powers if your dearest wish came true?" he waited for an answer from his father, which came promptly.

"Yes, that's all I want," even though his eyes were covered, Cat Noir noticed how much humility there seemed to be in his father. Cat Noir concentrated, closing his eyes as he did so. In his hands gathered a green power much stronger than his cataclysm.

"Colossal Cataclysm." he said, pressing his hands against each other. A shockwave released and the world went dark for a fraction of a second. Then a female figure appeared behind Gabriel Agreste.

"Gabriel." said this woman. Gabriel turned around and was amazed. It was Emilie. Gabriel cried with joy and turned back. Cat Noir opened his eyes and saw his mother. He just broke her coma. What power he has is just devastating, but he will use this power for good. He wanted to run towards her, but he had to restrain himself. That would put his identity in danger. Therefore, he moved away from his parents without a word.

Ladybug pursued Shadow Moth for a long time, but eventually she lost sight of her. She gave up the search and went on her way. She was satisfied, it was a success. While she was deep in thought, she saw Cat Noir. He was standing, as always, in their regular patrol spot. Ladybug rushed up to him and hugged him tightly from behind. Cat Noir did not move. He continued to look at the rising sun.