Episode 25 - Scene 7

The air became so thick that people were in danger of suffocating. In fear of taking their last breaths, people tried to leave the hall and struggled for survival. They lashed out with fists and kicks. Darkness reigned throughout the hall. Except for this one spot. This place shone like a blazing fire. The place where Marinette sat was handed over to her akumatized form. Her notebook was tucked centrally in a belt. Golden wings sprouted from her back. A scale was visible on the tight red suit on her chest and her eyes were veiled with a black band, yet you clearly saw the fire in her pupils. Against the prevailing darkness, Marinette flew over her place wrapped in a light, her head turned towards the sky and her arms outstretched.

"You will have what you desire, Shadow Moth. But we have entered into a give and take. First, I, Princess Justice, will do my part, and then yours." Her normally light and sweet voice had taken on a power that made the walls shake.

Alya knew that nothing could break Marinette from this spell and ran out of the hall as fast as she could. She took the shortest way to Marinette's room to do everything she could. She would like to turn into Rena Furtive, but the risk of being seen by the wrong person is much too high. She remembers Marinette's words, how she had made a similar mistake and this had thus led to the loss of the guard in front of Marinette.

Adrien stood transfixed on the stage and saw the whole disaster first hand. He was too shocked to turn into Cat Noir. He peered to his right and saw that his father had not moved either. His father kept his composure, however, and approached his son. He took Adrien's hand and ran off the stage with him.

"Ladybug and Cat Noir will protect us, son. I'll take you to safety." Adrien didn't answer. He just followed his father, who handed him over to Gorilla, with orders to escort him home. Gorilla drove at all speed the shortest way to the Agrestes' mansion. Adrien ran to his room and gave Plagg the order to turn him into Cat Noir.

After Gabriel got his son to safety, he made his way directly to the back of the stage. There where the dark power of Shadow Moth originated. He saw Nathalie lying hunched on the floor in her dark purple gown, clutching her head. Her delicate translucent wings were folded. She would change back in any second. In her already unstable state, this immense power emanating from the akumatized victim is too much for Nathalie.

Gabriel ran toward Nathalie and threw himself to the ground. He took Nathalie tightly in his arms and hugged her to his chest. "Nathalie, I beg you. Transform yourself back. I can't lose you either," Gabriel begged her with concern. He saw Nathalie open her eyes with difficulty and replied in a quiet voice, "No. You want the Miraculous and I'll grant you that wish."

A wave of shock erupted around the entire room as the two Kwamis were flung to the floor and Gabriel looked into Nathalie's ocean blue eyes one last time before she closed them.