Episode 26 - Scene 9

"I have informed the police. Gabriel Agreste is under arrest," said Cat Noir, still looking at the sun. Ladybug continued to hold Cat Noir and said nothing. It was a nice feeling to stand by the side of your partner after a success and silently enjoy the victory.

"This is for you. Guardian of the Miraculous," he held up his hand and the peacock Miraculous shone in the golden light of the sun. Ladybug looked up, but still held Cat Noir close to herself.

"I'm so glad Cat Noir that you were able to snatch the Miraculous from Shadow Moth. Unfortunately, I couldn't catch her. She was so fast that I couldn't remember where she might have gone. In some narrow alley I lost her," she was still ashamed of her carelessness. She was so close to grabbing the butterfly Miraculous.

"When the right time comes, we'll get the Butterfly Miraculous too," Cat Noir took Ladybug's hands and guided her away from his belly. He turned to her and looked at her.

"Are you okay? Are you still worried about Adrien?", he asked her and saw sadness appear on Ladybug's face.

"Yes, it had been a shock for me when I learned the truth. I couldn't think straight because of it and that would have been our end. We would have lost everything. But you saved us. You are the real hero, Cat Noir. I'm sorry that I kept pushing you away. For trying to replace you and for not caring enough about you. Just because I'm the guardian of the Miraculous doesn't mean I can do whatever I want. And you are my equal, Cat Noir. Where there is creation, there is destruction. One cannot exist without the other. It took me a long time to understand that. And in the future, I promise you from the bottom of my heart that nothing and no one can bend our partnership.", she paused for a while and then continued.

"Maybe you are right, maybe we are made for each other, only I am the one, who doesn't realize it. Who knows what the future will bring?"

Cat Noir listened intently. He let her speak. Since he's known about his own truth, his soul has calmed. There is more clarity in his mind. He feels he can differentiate better. It is true that the truth can be very painful the moment one learns it. But it brings an inner peace that can change people. Ladybug waited for Cat Noir to speak up. But there was only a slight smile on his face. Ladybug smiled as well.

"How about we go out for breakfast? The morning has already dawned and I'm pretty hungry.", Ladybug laughed heartily. Cat Noir was still smiling and stroking her head.

"I would love to have breakfast with you, Bugaboo. But I have some important things to do. Therefore, I need to go. Plagg needs to rest a bit and I think it's best for Tikki, too," Cat Noir answered her. Ladybug beamed.

"You're right, but we'll make up for it. I promise.", and hugged Cat Noir tightly once again. Cat Noir returned her hug. They disengaged after a moment of intimacy and went their separate ways.

Ladybug thought about the lucky charm. 'This mystery still needs to be solved, but that can wait,' she thought to herself and seemed to happily make her way home. She can still think enough about the umbrella with the beautiful cat ears later.

Adrien landed straight in his room and transformed back. He went downstairs and saw his mother standing in the foyer of the Mansion. He ran up to her and gave her a big hug.

"Mom, I'm so glad you're good again," Adrien said happily. His eyes were filled with tears of joy.

"Oh Adrien, my darling. I missed you so much.", Emilie was also crying continuously as she held her son in her arms. They broke away from the embrace and looked at each other for a long time.

"Did you find out about your father?" she asked her son.

"Yes, I did. I never thought he was the mischief maker in Paris," Adrien replied, waiting to hear what his mother would say.

"It's sad, but we can't change it now. What else I want to tell you is that Aunt Amelie will be staying with us from now on. Through this whole new situation, I need your aunt's support. Félix will also come with her. I hope that's okay with you, sweetheart?" Adrien was about to say something, but then the doorbell rang. Emilie hurried to the door and opened it. Amelie and Félix entered and Adrien stopped where he was. Félix ran to Adrien and took him in a brotherly hug. Adrien stiffened and wanted to say something.

"Félix, I have to-" but Félix interrupted him immediately.

"It's okay, Adrien. We can do this together.", Adrien didn't know what he meant by that, or maybe he did? But he didn't want to think about it now anyway and hugged his other half.

~The End~

"Damn Ladybug. Damn Cat Noir.", she punched the wall as she picked up the Butterfly Miraculous, which Shadow Moth had discarded to her in that narrow alley where she had created it.

"The Sentimonster wasn't useful for anything anyway." She inspected the Miraculous insistently and fixed it on her gray top. She buttoned her orange jacket and left the alley.

"From now on, I will take over your downfall. Ladybug.", and her olive-green eyes glowed with utmost revenge.