Episode 25 - Scene 4

Alya and Marinette arrived at the Hôtel de Ville. Alya called Nino to ask him where he sits and took Marinette to the first row. As soon as Marinette saw Adrien, she started trembling and held Alya's hand.

"Alya I can't do this. I can't go to Adrien." she said desperately. Alya gave Marinette a stern look and reminded her of what she said in her room.

"You will go and sit next to him and I don't want to hear otherwise!" At first Marinette was astonished by Alya's harshness but she knew her best friend was right. She couldn't hide herself and her feelings from Adrien forever. Secondly, she will not get such an opportunity like this. She looked to the stage, where Gabriel Agreste will hold his speech and determined her goal. She took her best friends' hand and stepped forward to the first row, where Nino and Adrien were sitting.

Alya gave Nino a kiss on his cheek and waved Adrien for greeting. Adrien waved back and saw Marinette.

"Hi Marinette, you look beautiful today." he said in admiration. Marinette was overpowered by his choice of words, but has kept her composure.

"Th- thanks Adrien. You look great too...", she answered while not trying to blush. Adrien bashfully looked to floor. Being proud of herself, that she did not stutter that much, she sat down next to Alya and folded her hands together.

The atmosphere was lifted, everyone was busy in talking or preparing. Alya and Nino were involved in their own conversations. Marinette waited patiently for the show to begin, when she saw Adrien's father coming towards them. Adrien stood up.

"Adrien. Please, sit down." Gabriel said to his son. Adrien couldn't believe his father's kindness and looked at him with a shine in his eyes.

"Thank you, father.", he said in a gentle voice and sat down next to his father.

Marinette felt happy for this positive dynamic between Adrien and his father and smiled. She kept looking to Adrien and Gabriel, when she was interrupted by a voice coming out of speakers.