Episode 25 - Scene 8

Completely frozen, Gabriel knelt on the floor of the backstage, still holding Nathalie in his arms. He lost his gaze on her face, but the mirror to her soul was denied him. He could no longer look into her eyes. Her beautiful, ocean blue eyes...

"No, no... NO!" Gabriel screamed at the top of his lungs and sobbed out. He couldn't believe that he lost another important person because of his selfish desires. Nathalie was in the same state as Emilie, a state that described neither life, nor death. And yet she was in both of those states. It was a catastrophe that Gabriel could hardly bear.

"I have failed, my dearest Emilie...I have failed!" he cried in humility and shame at himself. He was about to pull out his cell phone from his pants pocket when he realized he wasn't alone.

"You have not failed, Mr. Agreste.", Lila walked up to Gabriel and looked down at him. Gabriel looked at her with widened eyes, not daring to let a word out of his mouth.

"I will help you achieve what you desire. I have the ideas and you have the tools. We are business partners and business partners trust each other, don't we?" she extended a hand to him, but did not expect him to take hers.

~End of Episode 25~