Episode 26 - Scene 3

"It's always a nice thing when the superheroes of Paris enrich me with their presence. Oh yeah, before I forget, I already had the butterfly de-evilized. So don't worry, I don't have anyone with a Akuma under my control." Shadow Moth stood before them, welcoming the two with open arms. To the villain's right stood Gabriel Agreste. He had a stare that passed through Ladybug and Cat Noir.

At the sight of his father, Cat Noir's eyes snapped open and a cold shiver ran down his spine. 'What is father doing next to Shadow Moth?" he thought, looking over at Ladybug. She seemed equally confused about the fact that Gabriel Agreste could be a potential accomplice to Shadow Moth. But one thing seemed off about the whole situation.

"You are not the real Shadow Moth. Shadow Moth is not a woman.", Ladybug told this new, female Shadow Moth. With narrowed eyes, she looked at Shadow Moth, paying attention to Gabriel Agreste occasionally.

"How can someone so beloved by Parisians say something so foolish?" this new Shadow Moth let out a provocative gasp and clasped her hand to her chest. She gave a short laugh and continued talking.

"As you can see quite clearly even with your squinched eyes, I wear the Miraculouses. According to this, I am Shadow Moth."

Ladybug boiled with anger and clenched her fists. She wanted to say something, but the new Shadow Moth kept talking determinedly.

"You know, I have to admit one thing to you. I wasn't always Shadow Moth. You're right about that. And surely you want to know why someone else has suddenly taken on the role of 'bad guy'." Shadow Moth paused for a moment and looked with amusement at her opposite silent conversation partners.

"Well, I'll keep this short. After all, I don't get paid to tell stories here. I was just helping a broken person who couldn't achieve his goal in life." as she uttered these words, she turned to Gabriel Agreste with elegant steps and put her hand on his shoulder.

Gabriel Agreste turned his head to Shadow Moth so violently that his neck could have broken. He wanted to punch Shadow Moth, but she only had to reach out her hand to him once. Immediately he froze and stood again as he did before the incident.

"If you don't keep your part of the deal, I'll tell the world about your little secret," she whispered so loudly in Gabriel Agreste's ear that Ladybug and Cat Noir had no trouble understanding.

Ladybug was shocked when she saw what kind of power this Shadow Moth possessed. She had had Gabriel Agreste, a pre-existing creature, under her spell by means of an amok. How she managed to do that, Ladybug could not explain, but she knew that she had to fight this Shadow Moth with a lot of thought.

Cat Noir put one and one together and knew that his father was Shadow Moth.

"What secret?" he talked to himself. His head wasn't quite working anymore, he didn't know what else to think of the whole situation.

What had been the secret that his father should have protected so much that he became Shadow Moth.

"WHAT SECRET?" he yelled so loudly that Ladybug and Shadow Moth looked at him at the same time. Cat Noir, however, looked straight at his father, shaking so violently that all his limbs would fall off at any second. His eyes filled with burning tears and he threw his stick at Gabriel Agreste.

"Easy there, kitty cat. We don't want to hurt anyone here.", Shadow Moth caught the stick with ease and threw it back to Cat Noir. He didn't bother to catch it though and the stick hit his stomach.

"Gabriel my fellow, why don't you tell the superheroes about your wife? Maybe they'll be so moved by your little story that they'll be willing to give their Miraculous to you voluntarily. Then there won't be any fights and everyone will be happy."

Gabriel didn't move. He was still looking through Ladybug and Cat Noir into another dimension. Cat Noir went blank after Shadow Moth's words. His head was now completely turned off and he was guided only by his emotions. Just as he was about to go for Gabriel, Gabriel started talking.