23 winner

omg- tysm for getting this fic at #1 on seungmin and seungjin tag (happened on diff days through the span of 2 weeks) low key wasn't expecting this to happen. anyways i wanted to say that in this chap, it combines diff days.

= means diff day

シ means scene skip (but happens in the same day)

I hope those make sense ^^ 

this chap is not edited so please do not expect much

Seungmin felt like he was walking on shards of glass that had been lit up on fire. Each step he took, he could feel like his body was wavering away. It has been four days since his so-called brother suggested a psychotic game. Four days where Seungmin got little to no sleep if you count blinking as sleep that is. Four days since he even thought about eating food. The only thoughts that occupied his head was who Jake were going to target next.

You would assume when Jake said assassination, he meant Hyunjin. But no, it was more of a broader term. On the first day, he attempted to kill Felix, who was watering the plants. Just before the arrow could strike Felix's skull, Seungmin whipped out his dagger and was able to deflect the direction of the arrow.

"Huh," Felix noticed the arrow not so far from him. "Why is the archery team practicing in the gardens?" Felix looked around but didn't notice anyone besides him in the gardens. "Weird..."

=

On the second day, Jake got a little bolder. He was walking right behind Jisung, who was bringing Minho his lunch for the day. Jake was ready to slit Han's throat until Seungmin pulled Jake into a corner. Jisung heard a thump and turned around but when he did there was no one.

"Is anyone there?" Jisung looked around. He stood there for about two minutes waiting for any movement but shrugged it off and continued his way to Prince Lee's room.

"You're better at this than I thought." Jake grumbled.

Seungmin had his arm against Jake's throat. "This isn't fair!" Seungmin said between heavy breaths.

"What do you mean by fair?" Jake stared right into Seungmin's eyes. "It's an assassination game. It's supposed to be unpredictable and unfair. Now, let me go. You haven't won the game yet."

Seungmin let Jake go and watched him disappear into the corridors.

=

Before this cruel game had taken place, Seungmin had always taste-tested the Royal brother's food before it could go out to them. He didn't care if the chefs passed some tests and background checks. They could betray the Royal family any time they wanted. Seungmin even tried his own dishes before handing them to Princes since the ingredients could have been spiked itself.

Walking into the kitchen, Seungmin could see the brothers' lunch sitting on the counter, waiting to be served. He took a small bite of the dish as well as a tiny sip of the water before allowing the servant to serve it to the Princes. Not even a second later, Seungmin could feel his throat burn and his lungs on fire. Without any hesitation, Seungmin slid the tray into the waste bin and quickly made his way to the clinic.

Throwing the doors open, Seungmin dashed to the cabinets, where they contained various antidotes. Taking out a clear, blue, and red liquid, Seungmin measured each drug to its proper measurement, mixing them until it turned purple, and chugged it down. If he was a minute later he probably would have been coughing up blood until he died. Seungmin's hands gripped the table as he was trying to stabilize himself.