Chapter 11: Cry Baby

"Kyle" You say into his ear. "Yes?" He answers. "Nothing...I just missed you so much." You say with a giddy smile and you can see his face go from happy to ecstatic. "I missed you more, I'm sure of it." He laughs and kisses your forehead. You've been standing behind your closed door for at least 10 minutes. You take in his smell and you feel like it's been years since you've smelt him. He smells comfortable. He smells like home smell. You feel like you're in a daze until your phone rings.

"It might be your brother." Kyle says into my hair after he realizes you don't want to answer. You groan and answer your phone. "Hello." You say quietly. "(Y/n)?" You hear a slight sob on the other side. "Yes...who's this?" You ask, raising a brow. "Oh sorry, it's Clyde." The voice on the other side surprises you. For some reason you begin to feel nervous, so you put your finger up to say "one minute" to Kyle and walk into the kitchen. "Uhm, are you okay? What's up?" You ask. "Are you free to hangout, I could really use someone to talk to." He nearly sobs into the receiver. Your heart breaks at the sound and you lean to see kyle in your living room. "Uhm, yeah. I'll come pick you up." You tell him and immediately feel bad about it.

"Thank you." His voice cracks and the line dies. "Who was that?" Kyle asks as you when you come out of the kitchen. "It was an old family friend, I have to go. I'm so sorry." You say and he nods. He's so understanding. Too understanding. "It's fine. I'll just see you later." He smiles and kisses your forehead. "Bye." you smile.

When he leaves you immediately feel terrible. You shouldn't be lying to him just after you got over a fight, but there was something about the way Clyde sounded that made you feel the need to go and see him.

You get dressed in a nicer t-shirt, leather jacket and blue jeans. You pull your hair down, brush it and pull the front back with a clear elastic. You grab your bag, your cellphone and an extra sweater. When you go into the kitchen to make sure you didn't forget your keys, you spot the bottle of clear liquid on top of your fridge.

After a minute of looking at the bottle, you decide to grab it. Maybe if Clyde is just too hurt you can help numb the pain a little bit...with vodka...wow that sounds terrible.

When you get in your car, you drive to his house. You call him. "I'm outside." You say into the receiver. "Okay." He says, his voice hoarse and sad. You lean your head on your hands and try to think straight. You're already lying to Kyle. Maybe you should just tell Clyde it's a bad idea, that is until you see him walking to your car with a slumped back and sluggish feet.

"Hey." You say quietly, furrowing your brows and frowning at how sad he looks. He doesn't say anything. "Clyde?" You say again. You reach over and put your hand under his chin without thinking. He looks over at you with sad eyes and your eyes widen. "Clyde what's wrong?" You ask him, his eyes are swollen and red and he has severe bags under them. His hair, instead of being pretty and slicked back, is a mess, a hot mess...like a sexy hot mess. Stop thinking that way. You tell yourself.

"Can you just drive for a minute?" His voice cracks. You nod and start the car. As you drive, you wonder what on the world could have made this seemingly invincible guy who could get any girl he wanted, feel so damn sad.

After driving for about 25 minutes you find yourself half way up a mountain that looks over South Park. "Wow" you say. "Yeah." He says quietly. After a few minutes of just looking over the quiet little mountain town you finally decide to speak. "So, what's up?" You put your head on the head rest and look over at him, he does the same.

"Well, I was dated Heidi on the down low. So no body knew, I dont know why she didn't want anyone to know, but I thought I really liked her, so I didn't care. This morning I found out that she was embarrassed of me. That her friend found out and she...she paid her friend not to tell anyone. Her friend felt pitiful so she told me about it and...I asked Heidi about it and she just told me straight up that she was embarrassed, like she didn't even try to spare my feelings. She just crushed me." He explains in between sobs. "Oh my god." Is all you can think to say.