29

『 GRIEF 』

The next morning came and Dan sighed as he had to attend college. He was finishing up last night's homework on his personal study period when his mind kept thinking about last night's event.

He was so surprised to see Bas and Adri crying suddenly. When Adri cried out that their friend had just died, he was more shocked. He then looked over at Bas and her friends' table that was unoccupied.

The Royal, on the other hand, were at the cemetery for Rahman's burial ceremony.

Ardiaq and Adri were even there. When he knew Rahman was gone, he cried. He wanted so much to go to the burial ceremony but his wound was not fully healed yet. So, he begged the doctor to let him go to the funeral, even Wazien begged for him too. Fortunately, the doctor let him go but he must sit on a chair and not do many movements that could open up the stitched wound.

Adri, on the other hand, had just gained her consciousness after the concussion with bandages wrapped around her head. After doing some check ups, the doctor allowed her to go home.

There they were, standing around the dug up hole on the floor as they were watching some guys putting the casket into it. The atmosphere was gloomy. They all watched with sorrowful eyes while Rahman's parents were mourning him.

They never expected this day to come when one of their comrades, one of their subordinates, one of their best friends, died. 

When it was time to leave, Azib was not budging from his spot in front of Rahman's grave. Bat looked at him from the entrance of the cemetery worriedly. Seeing him now sitting down in front of Rahman's grave, hugging his knees to his chest as he stared at the tombstone, saddened her.

"It's best to let him be. After all, he suffers the biggest lost." Na said to her and Bat just nodded before walking with her to the car.

-

After few days of being absent, The Royal's leader and Top Admins, finally came back to school, except for Ardi and Azib. Ardi still needed to rest for recovery and that he was allowed to rest at home.

Azib, on the other hand, locked himself up in his room. Ever since he came back from the cemetery, he locked himself up and never came out. The guys understood what he was going through but they were also worried about him.

Wazien, Bas, Muaz and Riki had tried talking to him but he never open the door. They were worried about him not eating and doing the thing that could get ugly. But on one of the few days, Bat tried to talk to him. She knocked on the door and spoke.

"Zib, please come out." She said but silence answered her.

"Leave me alone." She heard him said faintly after few seconds.

At least she knew that he did not try to do any reckless thing that will lead to worse. After that, she just let him be. She knew his emotion. Bat and the others were gloomy for the past few days. Everyone just seemed so lifeless and empty, as though their souls followed Rahman. But life must goes on and not letting Rahman's death be in vain.

The first period of the day was block 4, which was a PS (personal study) period for Bat, Bas, Muaz and Miza. As they arrived at China Town, they heard commotion at their table's direction. All eyes on that commotion, even Dan's.

"So noisy. What the fuck are those ruckus?" Bat asked as they were nearing their table.

When they arrived at their table, they saw four tall men's back faced them while some five first-year guys sitting on their table.