happier ; jjk

"I hope you're happier with her."

-------

I gazed at the man I once believed to be the love of my life, his eyes now filled with adoration for another. She was undeniably beautiful, possessing all the qualities that every girl desires. Perfect in every way, unlike me.

It had eventually become clear why Jungkook appeared happier with her than he ever did with me. Perhaps I was never enough.

I knew he was hurting inside, seeing me lying on the hospital bed, barely alive. Everyone had lost hope during my two-year absence, doubting whether Y/n would ever return to their lives.

How could he continue to love a lifeless girl confined to a hospital bed for years? Eventually, he reached his limit. He could no longer hold onto the hope of a miraculous recovery.

A lone tear escaped my eye as I watched them lean in for a kiss. The same gleam in his eyes that used to ignite when we spent time together. Everything he showed her was a recycled version of what we once shared.

But he grew tired. Tired of waiting. He took a step forward and decided to move on. Perhaps two years is not an eternity.

I clutched the edge of my pink frock, a birthday gift from Jungkook on my 21st. It pained me, but I remained, silently observing his actions. The way he embraced her, mirroring the way he used to hold me.

Their lips refused to part, consumed by their passion. It was as if he had forgotten about me. Well, I couldn't blame him for that.

I glanced down at the fruit cake I had baked especially for him, the first thing I did upon my discharge.

A bitter chuckle escaped my lips as I slowly retreated. It seemed he would consider me dead.

Farewell, Jungkook. I never anticipated our final encounter would unfold like this.

---