poison ; pjm

I sat on the edge of the bed, my body trembling with pain and my heart heavy with sorrow. Tears streamed down my face as I couldn't understand why my husband, Jimin, harbored such intense hatred for me despite my unwavering love.

Confused and hurt, I questioned the reasons behind his animosity. "Why does he hate me so much? What have I done to deserve this torture? We were brought together by circumstances, but my love for him is genuine. Isn't that enough? Is my love meaningless in the face of his hatred?"

I clutched the fabric of my dress, trying to find solace amidst my shattered reality. Whispers escaped my lips as I attempted to make sense of it all, my voice barely audible and filled with pain.

As I wiped away my tears, I searched my own soul for answers. I wanted to understand why Jimin hated me so deeply, hoping it would mend the fractures in our relationship.

---

Jimin walked through the front door, his face marked by exhaustion and troubles. Tension hung in the air, and I hoped to offer him comfort, but his response was dismissive.

"Get out of my face," Jimin's voice carried weariness and irritation.

His words pierced my heart, leaving me feeling rejected. I had eagerly awaited his return, longing for solace and support, only to be met with cold dismissal.

Trembling, I spoke, my voice filled with vulnerability. "Jimin... I... I thought I could help, offer support. I'm sorry if I've bothered you."

Jimin's frustration boiled over, and he yelled at me angrily, his words filled with venom. "I told you to leave! Stop with the drama and go to your room."

Disappointment and sadness overwhelmed me as I retreated to my room, weighed down by Jimin's dismissive words. The echoes of his voice lingered, each syllable cutting through me.

Behind the closed door, I sought solace within the sanctuary of my room. Sitting on the edge of the bed, tears welled up in my eyes, my shoulders slumping.

"I thought... I thought we could find comfort in each other," I whispered softly, longing for understanding. My words hung heavy, an unspoken plea for love.

Tears streamed down my face, the pain of rejection washing over me. I ran a trembling hand through my hair, feeling vulnerable. "Why can't he see how much I love him? How much I need him?"

---

Lost in my thoughts, overwhelmed by the crumbling marriage, I heard voices from an open door. Curiosity compelled me forward, and I listened, hesitating.

Jimin's chilling words reached my ears. "Don't worry, babe. I have everything under control. She won't be a problem anymore. I'll make sure she drinks the poisoned juice tonight."

My breath caught, and disbelief flooded my mind. The weight of his betrayal stunned me, leaving me paralyzed with shock and anguish.

Tears blurred my vision as I realized the truth. The man I loved, who should protect and cherish me, was plotting my demise.

Conflicting emotions tore at my heart, and I trembled with vulnerability. The pain of betrayal stabbed deep within me, leaving me exposed.

Jimin emerged from the kitchen, a smile on his face, but it was a facade. "Y/n," he said gently, "I thought a glass of juice would calm your nerves. You deserve peace after everything."

Our eyes met, apprehension flickering in my gaze. I knew his pretense of concern hid a dark secret. The knowledge of his plan to poison me lingered, a haunting reminder of the danger I faced.

Yet, I was drawn, resigned to the circumstances. A trace of love remained, mingling with curiosity. I reached for the glass of juice, my hand trembling.

Jimin's smile widened, anticipation gleaming in his eyes. He knew I had taken the bait.

Bringing the glass to my lips, my heart pounded. The liquid tasted bitter, and searing pain coursed through my body. Darkness enveloped me, and I slipped away into the unknown.

Before my eyes closed, I saw Jimin's sorrowful expression. It was a final connection, a silent farewell spoken from the heart.

The darkness was consuming me, and I found a glimmer of solace amidst the pain. And in that moment, I hoped that Jimin would find his own path to redemption and healing.

As my consciousness faded, I held onto a glimmer of hope. The hope that, someday, I would find a love that nurtured rather than destroyed. The hope that I would learn to love myself fiercely, untethered from the shadows of the past.

And with that final thought, I embraced the darkness.

---