CHAPTER 23

CHAPTER 23

Nythnryx finally went out of his chamber after getting ready. He just finished having breakfast with his daughter and after scolding her and coaxing her to sleep, he left her and came back to the Imperial Palace.

Now that she finally woke up, it is now time to deal with the nobles and the court officials.

Of course, deep inside him, he wants to stay with his daughter to keep an eye on her just in case she disappears again but the matter with the nobles can't be held for far too long.

It has to be dealt with.

What's more, he promised Neon that he would take him to the Imperial court to witness the stupidity of some nobles.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. Just finish it quickly to go back to Nhianix later and think of a punishment for her.

"His Majesty, the Emperor and His Highness, the Prince has arrived!" The Eunuch announced as the big white door of the court room opened.

Nythnryx went inside with Neon behind him.

The noisy chattering of the court officials quickly died down as they bow their heads to pay respects.

"Your loyal subjects greets Your Majesty and Your Highness. May the Phoenix Goddess bless the Imperial Family." They all said with their head down.

Nythnryx sat on his throne and Neon sat beside him.

"Rise."

"Thank you, Your Majesty."

Only a few moments later, the meeting quickly started.

Almost all officials are talking, voicing out their concerns.

"Your Majesty, the matter about the wyvern attack should be resolved quickly!"

"Your Majesty, about the Princess' existence..."

"Your Majesty, it might be possible that the reason of the attack is because of the Princess."

"Isn't she an ominous girl?"

Countless chattering filled the court room. Nythnryx's face darkened.

"Silence!" He finally spoke up after listening to the buzzing of the court officials. The noise quickly died down and silence filled the four corners of the room.

Athlas who was standing at the side silently snorted as the court officials finally stopped opening their mouths. He really took a liking to the Princess. Hearing some of these mere court officials slander her, his face darkened but he quickly calmed down and hid his malice. He can deal with them later. Moreover, the Emperor is here. He can deal with them. He is more worried about what would happen to these mongrels. They clearly slander Nhianix, the Princess! And in front of the Emperor and the Prince!

Athlas grinned as he thought about the future of these stupid people.

"Baron Alienbrook, report." Nythnryx spoke with his cold voice. The poor Baron flinched but quickly regained his posture.