Chapter 1: Meet-up in the night

Eliza's POV

I breathed heavily as I continued to run. My paws pounded against the ground making a rhythmic drumming sound, my bag swinging back and forth in my jaws. I was supposed to be in bed, but I just couldn't sleep! Tomorrow was the day that I was to start my training to fight for the title of Pack Warrior, but I didn't need to train. I trained on my own in the forest every night when the whole pack was asleep. I usually met up with Josh, my best friend, and we would train together.

I carried on running until I came up to the forest on the boundaries of my pack's territory. When I reached somewhere near the middle of the forest, after passing over snapped branches and many amber and ruby coloured leaves, I shifted back into human form, got my spare clothes out of my backpack and made my way up a tree. Josh wasn't going to be here for another half an hour, so I thought I would scare him. I tied my hair up into a messy bun and put on a tight red tee, my black joggers and pulled on my black and red Nike trainers (to match my hair). I loved my hair; it was black with red streaks, all natural. I got the black from my father's side and the red from my mother's. I had never seen my mother ever since I turned five; she was banished from the pack, because she used to hit me as a kid, and found a new mate elsewhere. We didn't need her anyways; we were able to manage pretty well.

Suddenly I heard a twig snap. I peeked down and saw a medium sized wolf placing a bag down and sniffing around. It was Josh. I could tell because his fur was a mousy brown and he had white paws. I got ready to jump, and leapt onto his back. He let out a yelp and shifted back to human form before running behind a tree. I landed onto the leafy floor with a hard thump.

"What was that for Eliza?!" I heard him shout from behind the tree, he was obviously getting dressed.

"I thought I would give you a surprise, especially after you pranked me two days ago!" I replied, it was his own fault!

[FLASHBACK STARTS]

It was the night before I turned 16; Josh had decided to booby trap my party whilst my dad was out. I had made all the preparations and just needed to get dressed, I ran up to my bedroom and found the perfect dress, but whilst I was changing Josh had snuck into my house and began booby trapping things. He changed my sweets filled Piñata into

an itching powder Piñata, he chucked two bottles of vodka into my fruit punch and he placed glue onto some of the stools! When the party started it was okay, but then people became drunk, stuck to the kitchen stools and covered in itching powder! It was horrific.

[FLASHBACK ENDS]

I had always planned to get him back, and I totally would, worse than jumping on him.

"Hey, I only did that because it was funny!" he said strutting out from behind the large oak tree zipping his jeans up. I poked my tongue out at him and we headed towards the deepest part of the forest. We saw our tree house from when we were little and Josh climbed up.

"That's not going to hold you; you weigh too much to stay up there!" I shouted up at Josh who was halfway up.

"I'm not that fat! I haven't put any weight on since I started that workout plan two months ago!" I sighed, he didn't understand.