chapter 11

I took in a deep breath and lifted my fist, knocking 3 times on the door. 

“Hey.” Calum said opening his bedroom door. “What do you want?”

“Can I talk to you fast?” He nodded his head and moved aside for me to come into is room. “I know you probably don’t want to hear about this but I’m freaking out Cal. I don’t think I can do this.” 

“Then don’t.”

“What?”

“Don’t do it then. We all told you that you're going to get hurt.” 

“But…”

“No. If you can’t do it then you can’t do it. Simple as that. Why hurt yourself?” I let out a sigh, he was right. “No one is worth you getting hurt, Hayley.” 

“I know.” 

“I have to go now. I have soccer.” He took my arm and lightly pushed me out of his room. “See you later.” I walked back to Mitzi’s room and took a seat on the bed. 

“How long did it take you to pee?” She asked. 

“My mom called me.” I haven't been honest with her for the past 2 weeks, I’ve been telling her I was sick or had too much homework to hang out with her.

“Ok… I found an open mic night at a cafe in town… do you want to sing for it?” 

“Yeah, I guess that would be cool.” 

“Good, because I signed you up for it already.”

“You what?” 

“I signed you up. It’s on Saturday so you have 3 days to work out what song you’re going to sing.” 

“Mitzi!!!!!” I groaned.

“Don’t get mad at me! You fully said you’d do it.”

“Ugh fine. I have to practice a song now.” 

“You’ll do fine Hayley. Maybe Luke will be there and he will see how much hotter you are then Peyton.” He was still hanging out with her, I know for a fact that he slept with her because I overheard him talking about it to Calum the other day. I’ve been avoiding him like the plague. 

“Yeah maybe. I should probably go home now. Mom wants me home for dinner.” 

<><><><><><>

“What the hell am I going to sing?” I said to myself looking through my book of songs I know. “No, not wonderwall…” I flipped a few more pages until I found the perfect song. “Yaaas!” I tore out the page and held it up like how Rafiki held up baby Simba. I grabbed my guitar and started playing it. After about an hour of practicing I felt pretty good about it.