Chapter 5

‘Hypothetical question here…’ I typed on my phone to Mitzi. ‘If you were to go to a bar with a hot older guy what would you wear?’ I sent the text and went through my clothes again. Do I wear a dress? Jeans? A skirt? I had no clue and I need Mitzi to help me but without her knowing she was helping me. My phone buzzed and I smiled reading her response. 

‘I know you’re going out with Luke tonight, I hear him telling Cal. If I were you I would wear those jeans that make your ass look good and your white v-neck… you’d look hot in that. Don’t do jewellery though and make your hair kinda big.’ I grabbed the outfit and put it on and ruffled up my hair. I texted her back saying she was the best and that I looked hot. I had some time to kill so I touched up my back up and made faces at myself in the mirror. When Luke called (yeah called, not texted… he called me) I was down stairs eating some fruit. I walked out of the house and saw his car waiting for me. Michael was in the front seat with him so I had to sit in the back. 

“Hey baby.” I blushed and squirmed in my seat, Luke just called me baby in front of Michael. “You look good tonight.” He looked back at me. 

“Thanks.” 

“So,” Michael said. “You made it to the top of the food chain.” 

“This is the top? I didn’t expect to see you here.” I joked. 

“Oh please, I’m the top of the top.”

“Stop lying to yourself Clifford.” Luke said making me giggle. “So Hayley, I got you your id I used your yearbook picture.” He reached into his pocket and pulled out a card and handed it to me. 

“Ashley Curts? I’m 23 years old and from Melbourne?” 

“Yeah, you can’t use your real name and age.” Luke explained. 

“Ok, but I hate the name Ashley, a girl named Ashely used to bully me in grade school. She was a bitch.” 

“What did she bully you for?” Luke asked.

“She told the whole class I never kissed a boy before.” Luke and Michael both started laughing. 

“Was it true?” Michael asked.

“Yeah, I was in grade 7… but I got back at her. I slept with the guy she liked at a party last year.”

“Wow you have balls my friend.” Michael said. “I never knew you did that. I didn’t know you had it in you to sleep with some random guy the first time you had sex.” 

“He wasn't my first.” Michael looked back at me and raised his eyebrow. 

“Who was?” Luke asked.

“Uh, just this guy… I don’t think you guys know him.” 

“We know everyone.” Luke said. 

“Ok but you can’t bring it up in front of Mitzi and you can’t tell Calum.”