Chapter 16

*1Year Later*

"Don't be nervous, you're going to do great." Calum said. He walked over to me and hugged me. "And if you don't do good then you'll still get the publicity." I laughed and lightly punched his arm.

"You're great at making me feel better." It was the night of my first live show, even though it was only to 300 people I was still nervous.

"Luke texted me, he's coming tonight." My heart dropped at the mention of his name. "I'm excited to see him, it's been 7 months."

"Does he know?" I asked.

"No." He shook his head. I took in a sharp breath after thinking for a second.

"Well, I should get out there for sound check." I smiled up at him. "See you later."

<><><><><><><>

"That was great Hayley." My stage manager said. "I think you're ready for tonight."

"Thanks." I gave the microphone to the sound guy and walked back stage to the dressing room. It was empty because Calum had to go to school to drop off an assignment. Let me fill you in on  what happened in the past year. I got a record deal a month after I went into the studio the first time, after that things started to get a little crazy; going from town to town to promo myself on radio shows. I was in the studio a lot meeting some song writers to help me out. I had a single playing on radio stations all over the country after 3 months. I stopped seeing Luke because he went off to school, Calum got a scholarship with a college for football so he and Luke stopped seeing so much of each other. Mitzi and I were still best friends but being busy all the time with my music made it hard to hang out as much as we used to. Everyone was coming tonight though, my parents, Mitzi and Calum and the boys... including Luke. There was a knock on the door snapping me out of my thoughts. I turned my head to see the door swing open, there was a man wheeling a tray of food.

"This is for you." He said awkwardly.

"Thank you." I watched as he wheeled it into the corner of the room and leave.

"Yum." I looked at the door and saw Mitzi walk into the room and go straight to the table of food.

"Hello to you too." I said walking over and taking a handful of grapes.

"Calum said you were really nervous."

"I calmed down a bit after I did sound check."

"That's good. You're going to do great." I smiled at her; I was so lucky to have a best friend who believed in me so much.

"Just don't make faces at me during the show. I don't want to start laughing during my first concert." She raised her eyebrows up at me.

"I can't make any promises." I laughed at her. "So... Luke is coming tonight, how do you feel about that?"

"It's been a year. I doubt he has any feelings towards me anymore. And I moved on too." She gave me a sassy look. "What? I have! I've moved on."

"Say it one more time and I'll believe you." I rolled my eyes at her and sighed.

"I've moved on Mitzi."

"The party is here!" We both looked at the door and saw Michael walk in followed by Calum and Ashton.

"Hey guys." I stood up and gave each one a hug. "Thanks for coming tonight, it means a lot to me." I smiled and noticed Calum smiling at me.

"When do you go out?" Ashton asked me. I looked at my watch on my wrist and felt the butterflies.

"In 20 minutes."

"I'm getting nervous." Said Calum.

"You? I'm the one who has to go sing for an hour!"

<><><><><><>

"Thank you so much Sydney! Goodnight!" I waved to the crowd and ran off the stage with the biggest smile on my face. As I was walking down the hall I saw the group of all my friends standing there, my eyes found Cal first and his found mine. I ran into his arms and wrapped my legs around his waist. His hand went up to my face and he pulled me into him kissing me... Oh yeah, Calum and I have been dating for 6 months... oops.

"You did so good babe!" He kissed me again, this time when I pulled away I saw a familiar head of blond hair and blue eyes staring into mine. I unwrapped my legs from Cal's waist and looked at the ground shyly. I felt Calums arm go around my shoulder. This was going to be a long night.