Chapter 20

Stop looking at me like that.

I was having the most uncomfortable afternoon of my life. Luke was over at Calums and so was I... we were all talking and Luke was looking over at me every 5 seconds...

"I'm gonna go get a drink... anyone want anything?" I asked getting up; I couldn't take it much longer, it was too awkward for me to deal with. When I got up I heard Calum say something about last night... great, now Luke is going to be upset I told Cal what he did to me. I opened the fridge and saw that there was literally nothing in the fridge except butter and some old milk. "Cal!" I called. "There's nothing in your fridge so I'm going to go get some stuff." I walked past the living room where the boys were sitting to Calums room to get my bag.

"Why don't we all go for lunch?" Luke suggested. "I'm sure we could all use some fresh air." He looked at Cal then to me.

"Okay." I said. "Let's go."

<><><><><><><>

"What does Mitzi think of... this." Luke said pointing at Cal and I.

"She's fine with it. We just don't shove it down her throat." Calum said. "Haileys mom was so happy when we told her we were dating." Calum laughed.

"Mitzi yelled at me and didn't talk to me for a good few days but she got over it pretty fast."

"That's good." Luke said. He took a sip of his beer and leant back in his chair. "I gotta say though, I never thought you two would date." Calum put his arm around my shoulders and kissed my head.

"We fit really well, in more ways then one." He said the last part a bit quieter but I knew Luke heard him.

"Calum!" I said smiling. I hid my face in my hands and laughed. "Anyways, everyone is fine with it. And we mesh really well." I looked at Calum and smiled at him. "We're good together." I leant forward and gave him a kiss, something we do a lot and something I wish I did with Luke more when I had the chance to.

"I'm happy for you guys." Luke said. "And I'm sorry for last night, it wasn't right of me to put you in that situation Hailey. I'm glad you guys are happy." Calum and I both smiled at Luke.

"What about you?" Cal asked. "Any girls in your life?" Luke got a cocky smile and he leant forward with his elbows on the table.

"Oh you know. They come and go. I've actually been focusing a lot on school, trying to keep my grades up."

"Smart choice." Calum said. "It's hard balancing football and work and this one," he said nudging my shoulder. "But, I try my best and I'm getting by."

"I know what you mean. With all the parties and girls and teachers, it gets really overwhelming sometimes."

"I miss that, being stressed over school. Now I'm just stressed about lyrics and melodies and pleasing everyone. It seems stupid that I miss school but it's so weird living a life that everyone is looking at."

"You dropped out?" Luke asked.

"I had to. I couldn't keep up when I was in a different city every day." My phone started ringing, I grabbed it seeing that my manager was calling. "I have to take this." I said getting up.

"Hey Brendan."

"Hailey! I have great news for you! You're single just made the top 10 in America... we think you should do a few shows there."

"What? That's amazing!"

"That's what we think to. We already have everything planned out, you leave in 2 days to Las Angeles for your first show."

"Are you serious?"

"I am. Get ready Hailey, from here on out you're going to be a worldwide star."