Chapter 20: Yes...?

Another one ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ
Lol enjoy readin everyone (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞
_____________________________________

Jennie's POV

I'm not sure how I got in this situation but now there is a standing Rosé in front of me with a dog in hand and a bag of pastries in the other, in Jisoo unnie's office. Scratch that, I know exactly how I got here but I'm still in the process of processing the whole process of how this situation happened.

Jisoo unnie and I went down to the café nearby for her lunch break and while we were leaving we bump into an awkward Lisa and Irene unnie and a hooded figure across from them.

I noticed the cute little dog I always saw in the morning so I just thought it was the mystery person who always bought me a pastry ever so often and that they were friends with the two.

Apparently they were great friends and it was the person that's been occupying my head for the past 3 years.

When Rosé revealed herself, all I remember from that point on was seeing her and then seeing Jisoo unnie's office for some odd reason. And back to the now.

Her dog suddenly started whining. "What's wrong Hank? You hungry?"

She crouched down to his level and opened up the bag she had in her other hand.

She was now sitting in front of Jisoo unnie's desk while I stood a few feet away from her. I didn't really know what to do so I just stood there watching her.

She broke off a piece of the pastry(?). Huh why is she feeding her dog a pastry?? Isn't that bad for them??

"Wanna feed him?" I was surprised by the sudden suggestion.

I decided to go with it since it was the only thing that was able to start a conversation with her. I walked over to her and sat down.

"Aren't pastries bad for dogs?"

I took the piece she offered me as I heard a chuckle. "Yeah, are for sure, but don't worry. The café makes dog friendly pastries."

I nodded my head and offered the pastry to Hank. He immediately took the food and once he was finished, he looked like he wanted more pastries.

"Good boy, Hank. Here you go." She patted his head and Hank leaned into her touch. Is it possible to feel envious of a dog.

"So.."

"So.." she repeated.

"You were the one who bought me all those pastries in the morning." Why is it so awkward gaah.

She let out a short laugh. "No point in denying somethings that's out in the open."

I nodded my head and looked towards the door. I could just walk out right now and talk with her about this next time. The only thing stopping me is the three year wait that I've already done.

"So why didn't you miraculously show up like the others did. We could've had that encounter you wrote about in your letter." I felt her look at me.

Her laugh sounded empty. "Well, I do have a reason for that but Lisa and Irene think that half of it is stupid while the other half is ok."

"Hmmm. What's your reason?" I turned my gaze towards her.

She looked like a fish out of water trying to her best to form words. "I-I can't. It really is stupid now that I have to tell you."

"But you used it all these years. Even if it's stupid it did the trick for you. So, what's your reason?" I went for a straightforward approach as did she when we first met.