Chapter 17: Lure and Destroy

No One's POV

Rosé and Lisa told them a little white lie so a long explanation wouldn't be needed. They dropped off the two they had grown to borderline love.

All the arrangements for when the two arrive at their destination were all set. Once the plane departed, the underling patted the shoulder of the Boss who had looked towards the airport one last time before following the other to the car.

Their plan had been set in motion and with their love for the two set aside, they had less precautions to take for the plan to work.

The plan was a simple lure and destroy. Hours had passed since the departure of the two. It was daybreak. A news outlet had already announced that Jennie Kim was found dead by the order of Hyun-suk himself.

They had already given dispatch a tip along with proof that Jennie Kim was indeed still alive. Once that had gotten out through dispatch, other news outlets were spreading the information like wildfire.

Rosé and Lisa arrived at HQ and put on their masks before leaving the car to walk into the building. They were greeted by everyone they passed by. The guard opened the door for them and gave them a greeting as well.

Rosé walked straight to her seat while Lisa took a right and walked to the couch. They waited for the others to arrive for the meeting to start.

The wall next to the couch Lisa sat at, opened up to reveal a masked Irene and Seulgi. Rosé looked up from the files she was currently skimming through to give them a nod of acknowledgment.

Seulgi went ahead and sat next to Lisa while Irene walked towards Rosé to discuss something.

"I talked to her like you asked." Irene slid a note to Rosé. There was a chip attached to the edge of the neatly handwritten message.

A few minutes later, a masked Joy and Yeri came in through the front door. The two youngest sat on the other couch that faced Rosé's desk which was next to the couch Lisa and Seulgi sat on.

The meeting about the recent predicament of Jisoo being their unanimous tipper, Unknown was in session. The group was faced with one problem with the reveal of Unknown's name. When Lisa pulled Jisoo aside before their departure, Jisoo denied the whole ordeal of being their anonymous tipper.

Lisa had already asked Yeri to hack into all of Jisoo's devices in case she had lied but Yeri hit a dead end with that search. Now, they had to figure out if Jisoo was lying and had another devices unknown to anyone or if someone else was ttrying to pin the name to her as a decoy to keep themselves hidden a little longer. There was no way of knowing unless they find the origins of the text messages.

Yeri's entire section was put to the task of tracking the messages. Although, a lot of them ended up finding nothing but more encryption at the end of each message.

The meeting ended with no luck on finding Unknown's real identity. The only good thing that had been discussed during the meeting was that Hyun-suk had received the letter and the news about Jennie's death being false was all over the news already. It was only a matter of time before they would see him standing there inside the room with them.

They all sat there waiting for the rat to take the bait and come to them. It was currently half past seven when the rooms phone line rang. Irene, who was sitting down on the chair in front of Rosé's desk, walked around the desk and picked up the phone.

"Got it." She dropped the call and looked to Rosé and gave her a nod. Irene moved to stand behind Rosé chair while they waited for the doors to open.