𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐌𝐞?- 𝐃𝐞𝐕𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞́

"𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞?"

"𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞?"

Another night, another argument. The same routine every two or weeks...if they're lucky.

Joseline lightly stomped into their shared room with him following quickly behind.

"Why you walkin' away like we done with this conversation?" DeVanté threw at her immediately.

"Because we are!" Joseline let out as she took out her hoop earrings, with him standing not too far behind.

"Stop trynna act like I didn't see that bullshit!" He sat on the bed and took off his boots, still holding on to their soon to be argument. "You know damn well that nigga was hollerin' at'chu. Or at least trying to.."

"Not to mention the other niggas that was around, checkin' yo ass out! Literally."

Joseline finally turned around from trying to ignore him. "For the last damn time DeVanté, nobody was 'checkin' me out'! Or even paying attention to me at that. Why you all on my back? Like them tramps wasn't trynna get witcho ass.." She began to lower her voice towards her last sentence.

But of course, De heard. He scoffed. "Oh so you didn't notice mothafuckas checkin' you out, but you see woman trynna get wit me?"

Joseline shook her head and started to change out of her party clothes, and into her night ones.

De and her had gone to an event that they— mainly DeVanté— were invited to. Joseline predicted that it wouldn't have been a good idea for her to accompany him, but he insisted that she'd come along.

But like she thought, they ended the night with this pleasant surprise.

Which wasn't really a surprise.

"Look, I'm not boutta do this with you, okay?"

"Well it's a little too late for that, ight?" De replied smartly. "Can you at least act like I'm yo man, which I'm supposed to be, in public?"

At that point DeVanté was done with the situation. But something inside Joseline changed once she heard that quite unnecessary suggestion.

She turned around with her eyebrows knitted together tightly while DeVanté walked past her to get to his side of the dresser.

"Nigga what? Out of all things you wanna tell me that? I don't 'act' like you my man in public, yet, you walk around not only these streets, but every other street in other states as if you the singlest negro out here?"

"Keep talkin' shit like that and maybe you will be."

DeVanté automatically gave her the most intense eye contact after hearing that.

"....What?"

"You heard what I said. Oh, and you not staying yo hypocritical, black ass here for the night either."

Joseline rested her case as she stared into his eyes just as intensely as him.

Not too long after, De finally backed down.

"Fine, man. Ion need this shit right now." Was all that was said before he left the bedroom and slammed the door, as if it would make anything better.

Joseline left it alone while he was making his way downstairs.

DeVanté grabbed his keys and the coat he previously had on and marched to the door.

Once he had opened the door, something had to hit him as he stood there, not walking out. It was like he was just stuck there thinking. By the time he was probably done 'thinking', he let his head hang down as he sighed heavily from realization.

'I fucked up...'

He huffed and puffed once more before shutting the door back and walking back deep into the house.

Joseline was slowly awoken by her need of a beverage. Waking up fully, she sat up on the bed.

She looked to her right to see no one laying there next to her, and then she remember the situation that had occurred earlier. She sighed and got out of bed, which was a bit of a struggle since the bed was much bigger and taller than her alone.

Joseline made her way out of the room and down the stairs.

She knew she wasn't as drowsy as she was a second ago when she saw a body figure sleeping on the couch, with a coat covering them for a form of comfort.

Once she shaped the figure out as DeVanté, she took a deep breath along with an eye roll and continued to walk past and into the kitchen.

She opened the refrigerator door and freely grabbed mini bottle of water. Closing the door back, she turned to the island counter and calmly drunk her beverage.

All while doing so, she took a few glimpses at the sleeping body on the couch, thinking to herself why it had to go down the way it did.

Soon enough Joseline finished the water. As she threw the bottle away in the nearest garbage can, she noticed a little white note close to her arm on the counter.

She gently grabbed it and saw that it had writing on it that looked more than similar to Donald's handwriting.

'Forgive me?
- De..'

Was all it said.

Joseline looked over at the couch once more before looking back at the note card.

She could do nothing but smile at the cute gesture he pulled.

Even though a half of her is still iffy about what happened, the other half can't help but forgive him, for now at least.

•••

ion know bout y'all but i'm proud of my damn self for finishing this in one night chileeee. i was lowkey inspired but a tiktok bit ANYWAYSSS LMAOO. personal stuff had caused me to postpone a couple of free time for the past few weeks but i'm hoping to come back cause OMG IM MISS YALL LIKE HELL.