𝐑𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐌𝐲 𝐖𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐬- 𝐊-𝐂𝐢

"𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐬?"

K-Ci was on his way to do his weekly duties.

He was pretty nervous as usual. The way he had to face his own mistakes every week— or every two weeks at the least—, was truthfully a thing to face.

Soon pulling up to Charmaine's residence, K-Ci sighed heavily as he unbuckled his seatbelt.

Charmaine is K-Ci's ex, of course. They had been together for two years until Cedric felt the unnecessary need to ruin those ongoing years by going and cheating, along with being unfaithful.

Not only was she the his ex, she was also the mother of his child. He had came to pick up his 4 year-old son, CJ. It was a Friday, which meant it was his turn to spend time with him.

CJ was developed in 94', right when Charmaine found out about K-Ci's lying ways. Was he shocked about the pregnancy? Without a doubt. But he promised himself he wasn't gonna let anybody or anything stop him from being a father he needed to be.

K-Ci walked up to the door and rang the doorbell. Not too long after, he heard the door unlock. K sighed once more before the sight of Charmaine appeared.

There was a moment of silence before they spoke.

"Hey."

"Wassup."

K-Ci noticed the only thing in between them; the screen door.

"Can I come in?" He asked sincerely.

"No. He'll be down in a minute."

He did nothing but nod. Tension wasn't always there when they were in each other's space, but today seemed a little different.

"I tried to call you before I left the house, but-"

"I know. I was too busy trynna get CJ ready for the day." Charmaine simply said.

K-Ci could tell there was a small bit of coldness in here tone, which he didn't really enjoy.

Both of them just stood there, not knowing what to say.

"So how you been-"

"You know you don't have to make small talk, right?" Charmaine was quick to cut him off with a short glance.