𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐫 𝐍𝐨𝐭- 𝐊-𝐂𝐢

not this being my first update of 2022-
(Happy birthday to this book, making a year back in April!!)

not this being my first update of 2022-(Happy birthday to this book, making a year back in April!!)—

"𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭, 𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮.."

Ashanti giggled at the TV while laying on the couch wrapped in a large sized black, fuzzy blanket.

She's been in the house the whole weekend after having a completely busy week with work and other business she had going on.

Her girlfriends had invited her to go out with them to an exclusive event that they made a way to get themselves added onto the list, which she declined.

Thinking her understanding friends would respect her answer and would just go without her, but apparently she had another thing coming.

Right when he show faded off into a commercial, the doorbell rung around the household which made Ashanti sigh in slight irritation.

Eventually she got up off the couch, walking to the front door with the blanket still attached to her.

When she opened the door she was gifted with her three close friends; Brie, Yvonne, & Da'Niaa.

She looked down at them, seeing them color coronating with each other; dressed up in all black.

"What the hell do y'all want?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Uhh, excuse you." Da'Niaa shoved her out the way and walked into the home, the other two following.

Ashanti sighed and just closed the door before locking it.

"Ain't yall supposed to be at that little party or somethin'?" She plotted back on the couch next to Brie as the other sat in the love seats.

Yvonne was first to answer. "And who said we was going without you?"

Ashanti looked at the three confused to as to what they didn't understand by her declining response.

"Didn't I say I wasn't going?"

"I mean," Da'Niaa started next. "Yeah, but c'mon Shanti! Of course we understand you've had a busy week but we've been planning this for two weeks! It doesn't make sense to just go without you."

"Oh! And, you need a man!" Brie joked. "What better way to find one by going out where there'll be plenty of fine men."

Ashanti gave Brie a side eye before scoffing lightly.