Chapter 20

*Noahs POV*

I wake up in Genes warm embrace, less upset than I was last night but a twinge of hurt still plays at my heart for how abruptly things changed. My mind couldn't wander for too long as Gene started to wake up, he slowly opened his eyes and let out a contagious yawn before flashing me a tired smile, he sets his hand on my head and toys with the hair at his fingertips. We lay like this for a further five minutes, just listening to the slight bustle of early morning London before we hear someone open the door, Liam peeks his head round the door greeting us good morning before telling us he's off a run then asking if we fancied joining him, we tell him no thanks maybe another day and with that he nods and closes the door. I whisper to Gene "what do you think he thought of us like this?" He just shrugged his shoulders. We decided to head back to sleep and by the time we were woken up by Lennon it was around 5pm and dinner was nearly ready. I sit up and grimace at how my neck felt after laying at an angle for so long, I can feel Gene crawling up behind me then I feel him press a kiss to the back of my neck before giving me a slight massage as we get changed to head downstairs for something to eat. Dinner was normal by all accounts but it still felt rather odd for me to sit to a meal with a full family  instead of skipping meals or eating yourself but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

After dinner I offer to help Lennon with the cleaning up but he politely declines so I head to the bathroom to wash my hands and take a look at myself. My face looks sadder than usual, eyes drooping like Ian Curtis' and eyes partially red. I rinse my face and head back out to the lounge area, I stop when I see Gene standing in the doorway and a hushed tone coming from Liam. "Gene cmon just say it man, are ya gay like?" I can see Debbie shoot Liam a glare before her soft gaze returns when she looks at the boy. "Gene honey we couldn't mind it's alright you know" she says softly before I shift to see Genes face, His eyes dropped, shoulders hunched, his face a slight red and his ruby lips pursed trying to fight tears. I slowly walk into his line of view when he takes a deep breath and says shakily. "I don't know, I don't. fucking. know. okay"  Debbie gets up and gives him a hug telling him that it's alright and he doesn't have to tell anyone anything and Liam soon joins her apologising for the way he came off on him. I stood watching this unfold with an adoration toward how they all acted together but a part of me felt a slight pull of jealousy for never having anyone there for me like that and especially not anyone accepting of me.

They break apart and Gene looks at me with a slight hint of embarrassment but I just laugh at him and so do Debbie and Liam as we go back upstairs to his little cave where we spend the rest of the night with zero interruptions and nothing but each others company, stolen kisses and touches here and there.