Chapter 7

*Genes POV*

The walk back to my house took what felt like years, the cold London wind nipped at my face and made the sticky dried tears practically freeze, I had to pass Alyssas grandparents house which made me feel even worse but I just picked up my pace and walked the 20 minutes home.

As soon as I walked in I heard my dad shout to me "Gene, That you?". I slowly walked through to the living room to see my dad sitting on the couch watching TV. "Where you been hiding all day" He asked, "uhh at Noahs" I answered quietly, he stares at me with a frown on his face, "what's up kid?" He said while gesturing me to sit down next to him. I sat down but as I went to speak my lip started trembling, he looked at me with a look of sympathy and pulled me over by the shoulder and said "it's alright let it out" he said in a somewhat soothing voice. I broke down and told him everything from being ignored to being cheated on. he just rubbed my arm and consoled me to the best of his ability after I was done telling him he grabbed me a tissue and said "the only girls you'll ever need is the dogs and molly ok?" "Also your dinner is in the fridge since I didn't know where you were" he said, I smiled at this and told him that I wasn't really hungry and that I just wanted to go to bed.

I said goodnight and trekked up the stairs to my room, I changed in to my pyjamas and had just got under the covers when Lennon knocked at my door. "Can I come in?" I heard a muffled voice say "Yeah" I replied just loud enough for him to hear, he walked in my room and sat at the edge of my bed, "heard you downstairs, breaks my heart mate you deserve the world" I smiled at Lens words and just said "yeah, least now I know not to go for girls named Alyssa anymore" I said while wiping my nose. Lennon chuckled at this got up and kissed my head and said "goodnight you little geeza, now get some sleep" he said on the way out I took his words and put my phone on charge, I just lay in silence before I started to drift off to a peaceful sleep.