Chapter 21

*Noahs POV*

I wake up in Genes bed alone, confused I sit up when I hear him talking just outside the door. I instantly recognise the thick Mancunian accent, He's talking to Liam and I hear my name mentioned so I decide to eavesdrop

"No dad you don't get it he's been kicked out due to this article"
"What are they on glue or summat?"
"Dad it's not the time"
"I'll set about them, I'll treat him like me own since they won't. nowt wrong with him being gay"

I knew he was talking about the news article about me and him, it made me sick to think about. I ran to Genes bathroom and had my head in the toilet bringing up what felt like all my organs, I can hear him rush in quick and is at my side in seconds, he rubs my back and tells Liam to go get some water. I sit up and he hands me a cloth and the glass of water.
I drink it while giving both of them appreciative looks

"Where'd that come from?" Gene asks laughing and rubbing my back once more and I just sit up and shake my head, weakly laughing at his poor attempt of consolation

I'd been staying at genes for about 2 days when he finally says the dreads sentence. 

"We have to go to your house to grab your stuff" 

I open my mouth but, Gene shuts me up with a kiss, all protests died when I melt into his embrace but sadly, he pulled away. 

"I know I know, but you can't live off my clothes forever, no matter how good you look in them" he said with a wink. 

Sooner rather than later, we arrive at the bleak white townhouse I once called home, I found humour in the fact the simplicity of the exterior starkly contrasted that of the disconcerting persistence on the inside. 

I unlock the heavy storm door and we head inside, the walls unrattled by arguments or dented and chipped from harsh shoves and kicks. 

we climb upstairs and head into my old room, once my safe space now sat untouched as if I am now merely a ghost, I only collect my most valuable items I didn't think to grab the night of my leave but Gene is way ahead of me, grabbing a case from my wardrobe, packing it full with all my clothes. 

We pack up quick as we can for fear of the return of my 'parents' and we slip out, I re-lock the storm doors for what I'm assuming is the last time and we head off.

A short while later, we find ourselves back at Genes house, finding space for all my stuff seeing as its unlikely I'll be going anywhere anytime  soon. 

The rest of the day is uneventful, Gene and I lay cuddling, Liam comes home and greets us then makes dinner with Debbie, we eat laugh and talk and then we head back upstairs to lay together until we fall asleep. 

I hope things look up soon.