Chapter 12

**Genes POV**

I must've had at least 12 shots, 14 beers and any other form of alcohol I could get my hands on. Everything was spinning and I barely had a perception of time when I lost Noah and started to panic so I just sat with a random group of girls
"Are you Alyssas ex?" One Of then asks
"Yeah, why" I slur
"You fucking prick you broke her heart" she shouts at me before pouring her drink over me, two if her friends follow the last one to hit me right in the face. She has this massive ring on and she split my lip right open. I stumbled throughout the house trying to find Noah.
I gave up and aimlessly wandered outside and sat on the grass of Ruby's huge front garden. The dark red blood staining my clothes, the worlds spinning as I put my head in my hands when I feel a hand on my back.
"Gene man what the fuck happened to you!" Noah shouts over the blaring music
"Long story" I smile weakly
"I can't let you go home like that Liam will have my head" he thinks for a moment "you can stay at mine tonight"

He pulls me up and wraps a hand round my waist and holds my arm over his shoulder like he's carrying a wounded soldier, we get to his house where it sat completely empty. He tried his best not to hurt me as he pulled off my clothes and wiped what was left of the blood from my face, leaving me in just a t shirt and my underwear. after putting me to bed he grabbed my phone and quickly shot my dad a text saying that I was staying here,  he climbed in bed beside me after turning out the lights, I suddenly felt a weird twinge of guilt and sadness knowing Noah's parents were so emotionally distant and he was an only child so he must've been painfully lonely in his house so my brain clouded by the alcohol I had the thought process to turn around and wrap my arms around his waist pulling him flush with me as if he was "a little spoon"
"Gene" he mumbles "what're you doing"
"nothing" I say back

I bury my head in the crook of his neck and inhale his scent, oddly comforting and it practically sends me to sleep. Let's hope my hangover isn't too bad