Chapter 5

*Noahs POV*

after gene dropped me off I said hi to my mum and dad who were sitting in the living room watching TV. No reply of course just an eye roll as per usual, I went into my kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water and head upstairs to my room. I toed off my shoes got changed out of my jeans and shirt and put on an oversized hoodie and joggers instead, I jumped on my bed I was due falling asleep any second before I got a text from Gene.

<new text from: Gal > "oi twat want to play Fifa"
I smiled at the message. He's so annoying but that's why I love him. I text back

<to: Gal> "I will, if you can handle getting beat boyo 😉"
<from: Gal> "don't be so cocky Noah boy. I completely wiped the floor with you last time"
<to: Gal> "if you wish princess, now hurry up and invite me"

We Ended up playing 7 matches, I won 4 and Gene won 3 so I guess I have all my bragging rights back, I shot him a text

<to: Gal> "told you I could do it Geney boyyyy 🤯"
<from:Gal> "yeah yeah u prick"

I just laughed at this message and told him to call me
<to: Gal> "okokok I'll stop. For now, anyway just FaceTime me u knob"
<from: Gal> "will do knobjockey"
And almost immediately after that my screen read,

<incoming call from: Gal>
I answered right away n met him with a "so how was your defeat" he just groaned in response to that and told me to shut up. We talked for hours, we even talked about how I hasn't noticed that Paul McCartney wasn't wearing shoes in the cover for abbey road.
"Dude you've had that poster in your room for years how did you not notice" he responded while laughing "I dunno my brain must've just not processed it"
That's all of the convo I could remember before falling asleep. But I wasn't surprised I didn't get a good night from either of my parents, I'm just used to it by now