Chapter 45:

Cesar's POV:
Oscar never sleeps so he just gave his room to Monty but having three babies in house is crazy. "You still want another kid?" Monse asks when we finally get Mona to sleep. "Not anytime soon." I say and she laughs. "Told you." She shrugs. We get in bed and she smiles. "I guess you got your wish, we're living together." She says. "This was all part of my plan." I say sarcastically. "Yeah? You just couldn't wait to get me, our daughter, my dad, and my brother over here. Great plan." Monse laughs. "There's a few extra people but I got my girls." I kiss her forehead. "Good news, Dwayne's letting my dad stay with them starting tomorrow so it won't be as crazy here." She tells me. "Spooky talked about going to see some of Valeria's family or something. He's leaving tonight." I tell her. "Tonight? Was he planning this or something?" Monse asks and I shrug. "Maybe." I say. "I can always take Mona to Dwayne's. I don't want Spooky to think we're taking over." She says. "He doesn't and I want you guys here." I tell her. "I know but it's his house. I just don't want-" I stop Monse. "If something's bothering him, he'll say it. Spooky doesn't hold back." I kiss her cheek. "My dad feels shitty for taking his room." She changes the subject. "Don't tell him I said this, but your dad's Spooky's best friend. He'd do anything for Monty." I say and she laughs. "Dwayne's my dad's best friend but Spooky's a close second. How'd that even happen?" Monse asks. "Spooky went out with Valeria for the first time and she wouldn't stop crying. Your dad showed up out of nowhere and helped him out." I tell her. "Sometimes I forget my dad's a good guy. He'll forgive years of fighting to help someone." She takes off her shirt so she's just wearing a sports bra and shorts. "I love your tattoos." I trace the heart with a little cross in the middle of it that's on her side. "I got that for you. That sounded way less creepy in my head." She laughs awkwardly. "Damn, now I gotta get one for you." I smile. "You don't have to, but you definitely should." She nods. "Ok, tomorrow." I turn off my lights but it's always bright as fuck. "Or you could buy curtains first. What happened to your blinds? It's bright as fuck in here." Monse covers her eyes with her arm. "Long story." Vero broke them when we got in a fight. Not telling her that and definitely not telling her Vero lived with me. "Here." I stand up and use thumbtacks to stick a blanket to the wall. It covers the window and I can feel Monse smiling. "Thanks." I get back in bed and she kisses me. "Why do we even leave this room? Everything's so much easier when we're here." She kisses me. "We have lives." I remind her. "Everyone I need is here." She shrugs. "You're such a nerd." I kiss her and she smiles.
When I wake up I hear Monse talking in the other room. "He just left without saying anything? I can't believe I thought he wasn't a dick." She sounds annoyed and I get up. "Spooky isn't into goodbyes. He says they're for your deathbed and getting locked up. He told me he's only gonna be gone a couple days." I tell her. "Still fucked up." She mumbles. "Kind of like it was fucked yo when you disappeared a year ago." Monty reminds Monse. "I said bye, I just didn't tell you I was leaving LA." She tells him. "It's all good. He just wanted to do something good for his daughter. I get that." I take Mona and she giggles. "Don't get any ideas about kidnapping my grandbaby." Monty says. "Don't worry, I'm too scared of you for that shit." I laugh. "Good, you should be." He says. "Ok, it's a little late for the whole 'scare the boyfriend' thing." Monse tells him. "It's never too late. I gotta make sure my baby's gonna be ok since I'm leaving in a few minutes." He hugs Monse with one arm and holds Maverick with the other. "I'll be ok." She smiles. "You need any help packing up the crib?" I ask him and he moves so he's in front of Spooky's door. "They have a pack-n-play. I'm just gonna leave it here." He shrugs. Something's off but I get distracted when Mona squeezes my nose. "I gotta head out but I'll see you later." Monty tells us. "What's happening later?" I ask. "Jamal invited everyone over." Monse says and I nod like I know what she's talking about. Monty leaves a few minutes later and we just hangout. "Ok, I'm gonna go to Lola's real quick. You cool with watching Mona alone?" Monse asks. I hate that she has to ask that. "She's my daughter. I can handle it." I try to not look upset. "You've never been alone with her." She reminds me. "I got it." I kiss her. "Thanks. I'm not gonna be out that long. If you need me just-" I stop her before she can talk herself out of going. "Go." I smile. "Fine. Seriously though, call me if you need anything." She says and I nod.
An hour later someone's hitting my door like crazy and I grab my gun. I open it and Eby's there. She looks freaked out and pissed off at the same time. "Venom's gone. She took all her stuff with her." Eby tells me. Venom's been like a sister to Eby so she wouldn't just abandon her. "She didn't say anything?" I ask. "No, I didn't even know she was going anywhere!" She yells and I run into Spooky's room. It's empty besides his bed and some other furniture he has. "Eby!" I yell and she runs in. "Great." She looks pissed but I know we're both worried. When you leave without getting jumped out it's an automatic death sentence. I know Eby's gonna take over for Venom and that means we're in charge of making sure our family dies.