Chapter 62:

Monse's POV:
My dad stares at me for a response. "Can we talk about this inside?" I ask. I can feel the Prophets that got out already watching me. "Dad, I swear I would've told you if I knew it'd be a thing." I defend myself. "I know you kids think you fixed everything and we can all just be friends but you're wrong. Y'all don't know about this life! How the hell did I end up listening to my daughter and her dumb ass boyfriend about this shit?" He rants. "Dad." I say but he just keeps going. "You're kids! Who the fuck lied to y'all and-" I yell over him. "Dad! You're right we're kids, y'all aren't. If you have beef with another grown man you have to deal with it, not us! Let's be honest, me and Cesar have been ignoring the Prophets so if anyone's running that shit it's you. You're in charge so you decide. Is breaking the truce worth it?" I ask.

Cesar's POV:
I feed my daughter while my dad sleeps on the couch and Lola naps in my room. "Agua!" Lola squeals. "I'm gonna go get your bottle, don't go anywhere." I tell her and Mona just stares at me from her high chair. "I gotta work on my dad jokes." I kiss the top of her head. I fill up a sippy cup and watch her. What I did last night was dumb and probably could've got me killed, but it's worth it for my kids. "Here you go princesita." I smile and Mona pinches my nose. It hurts a little but I still laugh and she does too. Watching my kids grow up is the best and scariest thing. One day they're gonna be in high school and, if they're anything like me and Monse, it won't be easy. "You gonna stay my little girl forever?" I ask Mona and she just giggles. "I'm gonna pretend you said yes." I say while I wipe her face and take her out of her high chair.

"Don't be mad." Is the first thing Monse says when she walks in Mona's room. "Were you trying to do Mona's hair?" Monse smiles. "What am I not supposed to mad about?" I ask. "So my dad was mad that I didn't tell him about your dad being back and we had this whole long conversation. Basically I was like you're grown I can't tell you what to do after he yelled about how me and you are just dumb kids. So my dad might've took that as an invitation to come here like right now." She says without taking a breath. "Did I mention how sweet I think it is that you're trying to do Mona's hair? You're not doing it right but it's cute." Monse tries to fill up the since while I process her rant. "I gotta tell Ray." I leave my daughter on the floor and wake him up. "Monty's outside." I say after he finally sits up. "Now?" He asks. "What the hell? Yes now!" I tell him. I hear the front door open and shut. "Monse!" I yell. "Dad, I told you to wait outside." She runs out of Mona's room. "Relax." He pulls up his shirt and shows us he doesn't have a gun. "Ray." I stick my hand out and he hands me his. "I'm gonna ask Lola to watch Mona. I don't trust either of them." Monse tells me. They both just try and intimidate each other instead of saying anything. "Why'd you come here?" I ask Monty. "I know our families used to hate each other but we're literally one family now. Unless Ray decides he wants another kid for Mav to hate, there's no one left to keep this shit going." Monse reminds them. "I just wanted to say the kids are right. The Prophets can't take the Santos right now so I'd be stupid to break the truce. All I want right now is to take down Nineteenth street." Monty says. "But I'm gonna need some shit in return. The Santos start washing more cash and we get a bigger cut." He says. "Fair." Monse mumbles and I glare at her. "What? We're the ones taking the biggest risk." She shrugs. "We? You're not a Prophet." I point out and Monse stays quiet. "Fine. We still most of it 'cause we got more people but we'll split it 60 40 now." I tell them.

Monty leaves after an hour. Things were cool at first but my dad had to start shit like he always does. Mona's napping, Lola left, and Ray went for a drive so me and Monse are basically alone for the first time since I got out. "Odessa didn't say anything about coming back today, right?" I ask. Sometimes I forget she kinda lives here. "No, I'm pretty sure Lola and Jamal stole her. She's probably happy to finally live her drug dealer dreams." Monse says while she looks at her phone. "So we're alone." I state the obvious. "Besides Mona, yeah." She says and then she smiles. "We're never alone." Monse finally puts down her phone. "That's what I'm trying to say." I laugh. Monse cups my face in her hands and kisses me deeply. I pull her close and she smiles. I lift her on the kitchen counter and she tries to undo my belt but I stop her. "We have like almost two hours before she wakes up." Monse says it like that's why I stopped her. "What?" She furrows her brows. "Nothing." I keep smiling. Monse tries to kiss me again and I pull back. "Damn Monse, you're really just using me for my body." I scoff and her jaw drops. "I will not be objectified." I smirk. "Fine, Cesar. What do you wanna do?" Monse rolls her eyes. "I wanna go on a date with my girlfriend." I say. "You know we can't leave the house, right?" She asks. "We don't need to go anywhere." I kiss her.