Chapter 49:

Cesar's POV:
It's been three weeks since we sent in the test and we haven't gotten anything back. When I get the text I almost run right out of my house. I try sneaking out but Monse comes out of my room looking hella excited. "Odessa's coming home for thanksgiving!" She says and I smile. "Where are you going?" Monse looks down at the car keys in my hand. "I gotta go pick something up from Eby's." I lie. "Do I wanna know?" She raises her eyebrows. "Probably not. I'll be back before Maverick's birthday party." I kiss her and she smiles. "You better be." She goes back on her phone. I wanna tell her. If Kyrie's my son, and he's cool with me being around, I'm not gonna hide it. "You ok?" Monse asks after I look at her for a little too long. "Yeah." I nod. "I love you." She knows I'm lying. "I love you too, Monse." I grab my keys and drive right to Lola's. I pass by Lola's old house and it reminds me of how close we used to be.

**** 6 years and 8 months ago ****
"Tell mom and dad I bought you guys beer and you're both dead." CJ threatens us. "I'm not a little kid anymore, Chantelle. It's not like I'm gonna tell on you." Lola rolls her eyes. "Whatever, if you get caught blame Spooky." She shuts the door. "I never wanna hear that name again in my life!" Lola throws herself on her bed. "Come on, it's not his fault he was dumb enough to get caught." I laugh and she glares at me. "He slept with someone else!" She reminds me. "I know, that's why we hate him... for now." They always get back together, this isn't gonna last. "Never let me forgive that dumb ass." She begs and I nod. We do this every few weeks. They break up, She complains, he apologizes, they're back together. "Besides, he's not the only cute Diaz brother." Lola shrugs and my eyes get wide. "Relax, I know you're not into me." She grabs another beer. "I actually think you'd look cute with my best friend. Her dad's a Prophet though so that kinda ruins it." She starts to change the subject. "You really think I'm not into you?" I ask before I lean in.

****Present****
I didn't even realize she was talking about Monse until today. I should've just asked more about her friend. Things would've been so different if we got together sooner. I can't change what happened but I'm praying this isn't gonna break us up before we're even back together.

I'm barley get to knock when she opens the door. "Finally!" She screams and pulls me inside. "You waited?" I furrow my brows. "Fuck no! I was too scared to do it alone. We only have twenty minutes before Jamal get back with Ky so hurry up and do it." Lola pushes the envelope against my chest. "Ready?" I ask and she nods quickly. I read a few lines before I finally get to the results. "Stop being dramatic and say something." She begs. "Cesar." Lola's desperate for me to say something but I can't even open my mouth. "He's mine." I admit and she pulls the papers from my hands. "What are we gonna do?" I ask her. "I need a couple days to think about it." Lola's about to cry and there's nothing I can do to help. "This isn't gonna change my life. Kyrie's still mine, and after I tell him, we'll move on. How you feelin' about all this? You have a almost six year old son." She looks back up at me. "I don't know." I admit. "Ky loves Spooky... that's always gonna be his dad." Lola tells me. "I know." I nod. "He might not want you around after he finds out." I know she's not trying to hurt me, but it does. "I'm not forcing him or you to do anything. I wanna be in his life but not 'cause he's my kid. Kyrie's smart as hell, and nice, and he cares about everyone. I loved him before I knew he was mine. He was gonna be my family no matter what this fucking paper said." I explain and she smiles. "Stop being so damn nice. I'm supposed to hate you right now." Lola runs her hands over her face. We're both scared 'cause we know this was the easy part. "How do we tell them?" She asks. "I don't know." I admit. "Monse's gonna hate me." I can't believe this is happening. "She's gonna hate both of us. When y'all met I acted like I barely even knew you. Jamal's probably just gonna dump my ass... shit!" She looks for something and pulls out her phone. "You gotta go he's gonna be home soon. If he see you he'll know something's wrong!" Lola drags me out of the house and hands me the paternity papers.

When I finally get back to the house I just stay in my car. I wanna tell Oscar but I can't. There's literally no one I can talk to other than Monse. "Hey, how'd it go with Eby?" She asks while she feeds Mona. "Good." I sit next to her and she kisses me. "I'm just happy you actually got back on time." Monse smiles. "I gotta tell you something." I say. "What's up?" She stops feeding Mona and looks at me. "I wasn't with Eby. I went to Lola's place." I can't believe I'm doing this right now. "Did you cheat on me?" She leans away from me. "No! No, I didn't cheat on you." I say quickly and I grab her hand. "When she was with Oscar, after they broke up, we slept together. We both knew there was a chance but it only happened once so we-" Monse cuts me off. "Just say it." She knows what I'm trying to tell her. "We sent in the paternity test a few weeks ago. She texted me when she got the results... Kyrie's my son." I admit. Monse doesn't say anything. She just gets up and takes Mona with her. When she comes back out Monse has her bag, Mona, and some of Mona's stuff. "Can we just talk?! I wasn't even with you when it happened." I beg. "How long did you wait before telling me? How long did Lola wait before saying anything about y'all hooking up? It's not even about you having another kid! You should've told me you fucked my best friend  even if it was before we met. Call me when you can stop fucking every girl in Freeridge." Monse yells.