Chapter 58:

Cesar's POV:
I wake up and it smells like Spooky's cooking. For a second I forget he's gone and I get excited. I walk out of my room ready to talk to my brother and I just see Ray. "Hey." I nod at him. "Hi! I'm making your favorite from when you were little." He smiles. "When you left I was eating baby food." I remind him. "Oscar used to tell me about you, but he started to hate me and you know how he is." Ray shrugs. "You never tried to talk to me. Maybe you'd know what I liked if you didn't leave." I start to leave and he stops me. "I got locked up. I didn't have a choice." He tries to defend himself. "I saw my daughter every chance I got. You could've seen me." I try to stay calm. "You're right." Ray tells me and I can't think of a response. "If I could go back and change shit, I would. We thought I'd be out in a couple months and I didn't want you to remember me like that." He explains. "And now I don't remember you at all." I run my hands over my face. "It's too early for this shit." I sit down. "Eat. If you liked your brother's cooking you'll like mine." He hands me a plate.

We don't talk while we eat. It's just hella quiet. "Morning." Monse yawns when she walks in with Mona. "Hey baby." I kiss Mona's head and then Monse's lips. "You hungry?" Ray asks her. "No." She doesn't even look at him. "What about the baby? I can make her something." He suggests. Monse looks at me for an answer but I don't have one. "Ok." She tells him and Ray smiles. "Can I talk to you for a second?" Monse whispers and we go back to our room.

She closes the door behind us and sits Mona on the bed. "What happens when he find out I'm... I was a prophet?" Monse asks. "I don't know." I answer honestly. "What if-" she cuts herself off. "Doesn't it feel a little fake?" Monse asks. "What do you mean?" I cross my arms. "A few hours ago you barely recognized him and now he's trying to be a happy family. He could be trying to get your guard down." She warns me. "I don't trust him either, but I've waited years to meet my dad." I explain and she looks worried. "Relax." I put my hand on her cheek. "I'm not gonna do anything stupid. Everyone tells me I'm just like my dad so I'm gonna use that to my advantage. If I'd do some sketchy shit, he probably would too." I explain. "It's not just about you. You have two kids. If something feels even a little off you gotta get Ray out of Freeridge." She tells me. "I will." I'm about to kiss her when her phone goes off. "Give me a second." She looks worried. I take Mona with me when I leave the room.

"She doesn't like me." Ray points out. "She's just looking out for me." I tell him. "It's cool. Monse's smart." He says. I can see him watching Mona the whole time we talk. "Do you wanna hold her?" I ask. "Your hyna's not gonna like that." He laughs. "If Mona walks over to you it's not really my fault." I shrug. My dad sits on the floor and Mona looks up at me then back at him. "Hi Mona." Ray waves and he wins her over. "She reminds me of you." Everyone says that but my daughter's just like her mom. "Can you say abuelo?" Ray asks her and I smile. I feel stupid for smiling.

A few minutes later Monse walks right past us and doesn't even notice Ray's holding Mona.

Monse's POV:
"Hi." I smile at Ky but he doesn't even look at me. "Go inside. Don't tell your dad anything until I get over there." She tells him and Ky stomps inside. "Another Reina got arrested." Lola explains. "Fuck. That's like the third one this week." I sigh. "Eby wants us all putting in some more work for minute. I couldn't have Ky around that shit." She tries not to cry and I hug her. "It's just for a few days." I run my hand over her curly hair. "I'm such a shitty mom." Lola mumbles. "Hell no." I look her in the eyes. "None of the guys here get called bad dads when their kids start dealing at ten. They don't even try keeping their babies safe. You're the best mom I've ever met." I assure her. "Ky doesn't even know Cesar." She shakes her head. "If anyone can sell shit it's you. He'll be back home before he can even talk to Cesar." I joke and she laughs. Out of nowhere here eyes get wide. "He's probably telling Cesar right now." She freezes. "Ray's in there too." I say and we go in quick.

Everyone looks at us. "Did he tell you anything?" I ask them. "Yeah." Ray nods. "I swear I was gonna tell you before she got here but-" Cesar stops me. "You were gonna tell him I had another kid?" He asks. "She was gonna tell you that your son's staying with you." Lola doesn't even explain anything. "Ok." He agrees. "It's just until I figure somethings out." She defends herself. "You ok with this?" Cesar asks Ky. "I wanna stay with mommy and Jamal." He pouts. "You're letting Dwayne's kid raise your son?" Ray laughs a little. "You let Spooky raise your son and take care of his mom so don't start." Lola tells Ray without even thinking. "I gotta go baby but I'm gonna see you everyday." Lola tells Ku after a few minutes of awkward silence. Kyrie doesn't let her go without a fight but she eventually leaves.

Ky spends the next hour crying into a pillow on Cesar's bed. I just sit with him 'cause no one knows what to do. "Hey." Cesar walks in. "I'll give you guys some room." I kiss Cesar's cheek.

Ray's in the living room with Mona and I hate to admit it but he's good with her. "Mama!" Mona waves at me. "She's a smart kid." Ray points out. Half of me wants to ask him what the hell he knows about babies but the other half knows I have to be nice. He's trying so now I have to. "Yeah." I didn't say I'd try hard. "So, when were y'all gonna tell me you're a Prophet?" Ray asks me.

Sorry for the late update school had me hella busy the last few days!!